Saving POI — TomTom Community

Saving POI

smktsmkt Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
I would like to save my places in a folder like in Google Maps. I have many types of POI and do not want to have to scroll through hundreds of places each time. Is it possible or is there another way to do this>

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,054
    Superusers
    Hi
    @smkt
    Welcome to the site....
    Many users have asked for the facility to back up their MyPlaces to a PC
    The Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner i.e... the Tomtom Cloud
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

The MyDrive Route planner allows you to download your data from the Tomtom Cloud
    3d6xrq52c0wz.png
    The file looks like unusable Gobbledegook, but the MyPlaces can be found in the file
    Click on image to enlarge....
    x3keyqdqe377.png

User Ethoz....
    Posted a link to a excellent Tomtom MyPlaces to .Ov2 POI file converter tool
    https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://chbworld.net/software/tomtompoi.html&prev=search

There's a Mac & PC version ....

Download and install TomtomPOI.exe from the above link
    Note... I have Virus checked the file with Avast Anti Virus all OK
    Run TomtomPOI

Ist Click on Open...
    948al3lvjrtz.jpg
    A New Filer Window opens
    Find & Select the (Your username goes here)_MyDrive.json.gz file
    Saved from the Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner
    Click on the 'Open' Box

wszajd139ty2.jpg
    2nd Click on Copy
    bsndf6o7jzm7.jpg
    3rd Click on Yes
    5567983e-03cb-46bc-a0f8-c09e5d822af2.png
    4th Click on Yes
    0d841302-e88f-4af0-bb4a-764126dc21d6.png
    5th Click on Save
    a8fe2080-c483-47ce-b413-b1606cd50aba.png
    Name the .Ov2 file & Save to the PC Desktop

Installing 3rd party POI Categories or Personal POI Categories...
    You use the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Method Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1717441/#Comment_1717441

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,054
    Superusers
    edited June 8
    Hi again....
    @smkt
    Maybe useful.... When using 'MyPlaces' menu you don't have to search down the long list of MyPlaces....

Searching MyPlaces....

The MyPlaces appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen

Say in MyPlaces you have...
    Costa Worcester
    Costa Bromsgrove
    Costa Droitwich
    Costa Bridgnorth

Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    If you Type say 'C' a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen
    Either continue to type 'Costa b' and the Costa Bromsgrove and Costa Bridgnorth outlets will display at the top of the list
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    Or
    Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search
    Then type say 'C' and a list of MyPlaces starting with the letter 'C' will appear on the right-hand side of the Search screen continue to type 'Costa
    Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and a full list of costa outlets will display
    After completing your search, to navigate to a 'MyPlace'... Tap the required MyPlace --> Tap the 'Drive' Icon or Tap on the 3Dot Icon, a quick menu will open with more options

PS... Tap 4Dot (.... menu) Icon --> Tap Search type say 'T' on the right-hand side of the Search screen will be all of your MyPlaces beginning with 'T'
    But on the left-hand side of the Search screen will be a list of your recent destinations beginning with 'T'
    Don't forget to Tap the blue keyboard Icon screen bottom right to clear the keyboard and display the list
    PPS... There is also a dual Icon with 3 Lines & 2 Circles...

bf5c60ee-cdb2-4ca7-bcae-a1f0f9623372.jpg
    Tap the 3 Lines or 2 Circles to toggle between List & Map view
    Tap the Keyboard Icon to return to the Keyboard & Search menu

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 457
    Staff
    smkt wrote: »
    I would like to save my places in a folder like in Google Maps. I have many types of POI and do not want to have to scroll through hundreds of places each time. Is it possible or is there another way to do this>

Hi @smkt , general search functionality takes also into account saved my places. You could try to search by using the text that is being a part of saved favorite.
    Staff
    You could also add category to the fav title. Not the best solution though.
    2ng6ux4n0wyr.gif
  • smktsmkt Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Sorry, That just looks like adding the original POI. At least it is in a-z order.

Thanks anyway.
    Staff
    smkt wrote: »
    Sorry, That just looks like adding the original POI. At least it is in a-z order.

Thanks anyway.

We know about this limitation, and I believe ov2 support would help here, but currently this feature is unavailable.