My account says "Lifetime speed camera updates" but speed cameras has been disabled for non payment! — TomTom Community

My account says "Lifetime speed camera updates" but speed cameras has been disabled for non payment!

I have temporarily signed back in to Speed Camera Updates and paid via PayPal, but since I have lifetime support (until 2031) please sort out the mess and re-activate my lifetime support for speed cameras.
History: I cancelled the annual billing (for my PREVIOUS TomTom VIA) because I no longer use it and I now have lifetime support with Go Premium, except your system has now disabled my lifetime support option when I cancelled the old paid for support for the previous TomTom VIA! Thanks! :-(
Please sort it out?
Cheers
Colin

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,908 Moderator
    Hi @Colin_Stamp
    Your GO PREMIUM has speed cameras updates for the lifetime of the device.

The error you see on the account page is a bug already reported to our team. Please see my reply on a similar topic-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1750134/#Comment_1750134

Since you ordered a subscription(which should not be required) please contact our customer service to raise a refund request.

Regards, Vikram
  • Colin_StampColin_Stamp Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Cosmetic bugs I can ignore, this bug has removed all traffic cameras from my Go Premium device, it doesn't show cameras, even ones that have been there for years, any more. :-(
    Suggestions?
    I followed your instruction to remove the paid for updates and it says:

yzhnfv92dnb1.jpg

Which is pretty scary and indeed it does what it says on the tin and cuts you off from ALL speed camera updates, including LifeTime Updates, and, so far, won't even let me renew the updates & service either, so it's nailed that one totally shut! Ooops!

Is it so screwed up that I need to totally reformat my new TomTom and start all over again, or will it continue to block the camera updates from now to infinity?

Do I need to re-register under a new name, new email address, create a new account and place my new TomTom out of sight of historical contractual arrangements which if cancelled gut and neutralise my device as low grade map only service?

Doesn't look as though (some) developer thought this bit of code through, IMHO. :-(
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,908 Moderator
    edited June 4
    @Colin_Stamp

The message in your screenshot does not apply for devices that come with speed camera updates for the lifetime of the device.
    Discontinuing the paid subscription won't impact the lifetime updates.

Have you already performed a factory reset?

If not, please try it- Main menu- Settings- System - Reset device

Check for any updates(speed cameras) and install them.
    Now test the device on a planned route to see if the alerts work.
    Should that not make any difference then it's best to report the issue to our customer service team. They will review the download logs and advise further steps to resolve the issue.

- Vikram
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Cosmetic bugs I can ignore, this bug has removed all traffic cameras from my Go Premium device, it doesn't show cameras, even ones that have been there for years, any more. :-(
    Suggestions?

@Colin_Stamp I'm having the same issue with my Premium X.
    Download several new Speed Camera Databases but since February all Mobile locations will not show up on my device - Static Average and Red Light are there but no Mobiles... like they've been wiped from existence!
    @YamFazMan and @DougLap have checked theirs and seem okay... but on mine there appears to be a mass exodus of locations gone from the database!

I'm still maintaining an issue with the Premium range - or at least some of them.
    edited June 7
    :-)
    "Discontinuing the paid subscription won't SHOULDN'T impact the lifetime updates." ;-) (Well it clearly did!)
    Anyway, yes, the factory reset then reload from cloud worked.
    I have just now deleted the temporary monthly subscription I just took out (£0.30 pcm!).
    We now wait to see if THAT breaks it again, and if it needs another factory reset.

IMHO this defo wants fixing, as does the nag notice incorrectly hanging off my account:

h6ukyadog1xo.png

Support/Sales also got in touch and will refund £30 annual fee taken for the old VIA 62

Many thanks for all the help so far! (More as I test the 2nd subscription cancellation!)

Cheers
    Colin

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!