Go 6200 No Speed Camera Updates for over a year! — TomTom Community

Go 6200 No Speed Camera Updates for over a year!

I bought this from TomTom on 1st Aug 2018 and everything worked fine until some time about a year ago, when speed camera updates just never happened. It hasn't mattered too much, as I haven't made many long journeys since then, but I do need updates now.
I left a message with Customer Support last week, but, apart from an automated acknowledgement, I've heard nothing.
Sorry if I'm being impatient, but is there an easy answer to this please?

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,967
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @chrisrw

Your unit comes with Lifetime camera updates so you should not buy . There is a bug on the system suggesting that you should purchase which TT are aware of. If you have then you will need to contact Customer Support and arrange a refund.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug

Answers

• DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited June 3
    Hi @chrisrw
    Firstly if you log in and connect to My Drive Connect you can go into your device and check on what maps you have and also the Speed Camera database too (if you scroll lower down the page below the maps section).

Your device has all maps and Speed Cams free lifetime updates so strange it isn't working.

Just to add I'm having an issue with my Premium X - can update twice a week for Speed Cams but it doesn't appear to show Mobile locations... they all seem to have disappeared off the database since February this year.
    Also you might find Tom Tom on your account asking for you to pay to subscribe to Speed Cameras... don't as your device came with them and it is a glitch on the website (mine indicates this too).

Check your settings and ensure that:
    1. You are logged in on your device
    2. Wi-Fi is active and connected to your internet

Other than that hopefully @lampard or @VikramK will look in and check your account status.

Incidentally ensure you log into your Tom Tom account within 36 months others you might forfeit the free subs.

Hope this helps.

Dave
  • chrisrwchrisrw Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks @DJSheridan
    I'll do what you recommend, but, apart from Speed Camera Updates, which are never offered on my device, all other updates appear to be offered and installed without any problems. Speed Camera Updates are simply not offered.
    edited June 3
    @chrisrw
    I'm surprised as when i search for your device online it states it comes with free lifetime map updates and Speed Cameras... and is Wi-fi...
    Have you still got the box? Does it state on there about subs?

This is strange if Speed Cams were there one minute then not available anymore. Lifetime usually means lifetime

Hopefully a Mod will sort this out for you :)
    Dave -
    I've logged into my account and the correct device shows. The narrative simply says, "Your device is up to date" and offers me speed camera updates at £29.99 p.a.!!
    edited June 3
    chrisrw wrote: »
    Dave -
    I've logged into my account and the correct device shows. The narrative simply says, "Your device is up to date" and offers me speed camera updates at £29.99 p.a.!!

Go into your device and it should tell you what maps you have and if you have a SC database already on it?

Are you accessing via Wi-fi or by cable to computer?
    Yes, I have the box in front of me, Dave, as well as the original marketing email from TomTom to which I replied to make the purchase.
    The box states:
    6"/15cm touchscreen
    Lifetime World Maps
    Lifetime Speed Cameras
    Lifetime TomTom Traffic
    etc., etc
    @chrisrw
    Then unless you have not logged into your account for 36 months then it might have been disabled - it does state if you do not log in it could be removed.

Hopefully @lampard or @VikramK will assist for you.
    Sorry, Dave, I didn't fully answer your question.
    The maps are up-to-date and there's definitely a speed camera database, as it alerts me to cameras; it may just not be the right ones! :-)
    At the moment, I'm connecting by cable to my laptop, but I sometimes just update using WiFi.
    Thanks for your help, even if it hasn't solved the issue!
    Then unless you have not logged into your account for 36 months then it might have been disabled - it does state if you do not log in it could be removed.
    As I haven't owned the device for three years yet, this obviously can't apply. I'm getting no satisfaction from TomTom which is a clear breach of their contract with me.
    Superuser
    Hi @chrisrw

Lest see what @VikramK has to say after he has looked at the settings for your unit on the TT servers on Monday. Look back then to see what he has o say.

Doug
    OK, Doug, thanks. In the meantime, my account now shows that I can have speed camera updates at 33p per month, which I don't mind paying and have signed up to through PayPal.
    However, I've now received an email confirmation that states this is a promotion period, after which the charge is £2.99 per month. This was not stated when I placed the order. I've only had this product for 34 months.
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @chrisrw

Your unit comes with Lifetime camera updates so you should not buy . There is a bug on the system suggesting that you should purchase which TT are aware of. If you have then you will need to contact Customer Support and arrange a refund.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
    Thanks very much, Doug. I'll leave it until Monday now.
    P.S. I was wrong to say that TomTom didn't state 33p per month is a limited offer: it actually says 'three months"
    Apologies to TomTom on this occasion.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,907 Moderator
    Hi @chrisrw
    The GO WiFi 6200 indeed come with speed camera updates for the lifetime of the device.
    A subscription is not needed in this case.

To cancel the paid subscription please follow the steps advised on our support article here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013902260
    Our customer service team should help you with raising a refund request.

- Vikram
    Thanks very much, Vikram.
    This begs the question, though - the updates only became available again after I paid the subscription. Will they carry on after I've cancelled, or will they stop again? (I obviously won't be able to tell from the updates, if they stop, as I may not be due another one for a few days at least.)
    Superuser
    edited June 7
    Hi @chrisrw.

The answer is no but if you do have an issue then come back here. There should be an update in th next couple of days.

Doug
    OK, Doug, thanks.