I CANNOT open the MyDrive Connect program — TomTom Community

I CANNOT open the MyDrive Connect program

WEBLUKYWEBLUKY Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
edited June 3 in MyDrive Connect
Hello, you will see me download the executable of the program that tomtom MyDrive Connect downloads to update the browser about 20 times.My problem is that once the program is on my computer, I will run it to install it, and it stops and does nothing, nor does he think about it, nor does he do anything therefore I cannot update the tomtom, I have windows 10 last update May 2021, if someone has passed him, or if someone can help me, I would ask him for it, please note that he tested all browsers, I removed the antivirus, in short I echo everything I have seen on the network and nothing, there is no way I can run the MyDrive Connect file, thanks in advance.

Mod edit: Machine translated (Spanish)

Answers

• DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    @WEBLUKY
    As I understand it you are having issues downloading and running My Drive Connect on your computer?

Hopefully @lampard or @VikramK might assist you in the morning.
  • WEBLUKYWEBLUKY Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited June 3
    Hola DJSheridan II wanted to thank you, you see this is the first time that I ask questions here, I do not know how it works, if you would be so kind to say if the people you say can help me, they will contact me, or they will answer me via web Like you, I repeat I do not know how it works, also this is the we in English I am Catalan (Spain) if there is a writing error know that it is the fault of the translator, thanks for answering me and if you can answer me in Spanish better, greetings.

WEBLUKY

• DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited June 3
    @WEBLUKY
    Catalan:
    Esperem que el traductor funcioni.
    Sí, espero que un dels Mods que he esmentat anteriorment respongui a través d'aquest fòrum, i que fins i tot pugui contactar-vos directament mitjançant el servei de missatgeria del fòrum.

Spanish:
    Esperamos que el traductor funcione.
    Sí, espero que uno de los Mods que mencioné anteriormente responda a través de este foro e incluso pueda contactarte directamente a través del servicio de mensajería del foro.

I hope the translator works.
    Yes, I hope one of the Mods I mentioned above responds through this forum, and can even contact you directly through the forum messaging service.

@lampard or @VikramK

Dave
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,902 Moderator
    Hi @WEBLUKY
    This looks more like a computer specific issue.
    I just updated a small map using a Windows 10 computer (running the latest version of MyDrive Connect) without any errors.

Do you see MyDrive Connect application listed under installed programs?

If yes, could you try opening the application as an 'administrator'.

Regards, Vikram
  • WEBLUKYWEBLUKY Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    hOla Vikramk gracias por contestar, veras todo eso ya lo hice, como administrador, e bajado e programa muchas veces, e restaurado el systema 2 meses atras, hago pruebas con MS-DOS, y da que todo esta bien el ordenador, y sigue sin poder descargarse, ya me tiene loco, si alguien sabe algo mas para ayudarme , gracias anticipadas.
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 131 [Supreme Navigator]
    edited June 5
    Guys,
    I had a spare moment so thought to update my TTVia135. Big mistake because TomTomHOME also popped up but then wanted a critical update before it would play. To compound all of this my Windows10, even with the new 16Gbye of ram runs like a very old dog for at least 35 minutes after switch-on or until the hard drive has caught up and is not jammed at 100% of self abuse.

Now trapped in an update to TomTomHOME loop where it would neither update nor let me terminate it out of the way I had MyDrive telling me there was no Internet connection with its pop up popping up repeatedly. Nightmare!

The reality was that I did have Internet and although dog-slow everything else was normal (for Windows 10 within half an hour of boot up).

Finally I tried plugging my Via135 in and miraculously MyDrive's burning need for the Internet was resolved and it started. Think is was a bit confused.

Interestingly the reported update complete very quickly but when I checked it seems I needed another 4Gb+ update-update so that's the afternoon gone again.

Edit: for some reason the parent page here says I added this on the 3rd June but its Saturday 5th of June where I live in UK. Must be BREXIT related.
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 131 [Supreme Navigator]
    Foolishly hungry for a new and expectedly final update of sixty something bytes I went for the "UPDATE" button one more time....

Seems its now stuck "DOWNLOADING ITEMS". All sixty odd bytes of them.... Half an hour so far. Have even stopped and restarted it.