subscription transfer problem — TomTom Community

subscription transfer problem

DutchienDutchien Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello i have a question, i payed for tomtom via the huawei appgallery. Now i installed tomtom via the playstore. I logged in with my tomtom account with the new downloaded app, the problem is that my subscribtion did not transfer.

Could someone help me wit this problem?

Tnx in advance!

Comments

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    Hi @Dutchien ,

sorry for providing such answer, but Huawei subscriptions don't transfer to Google Play Store subscriptions.

App that we provide on AppGallery works with AppGallery subscriptions. App that we provide on Google Play Store works with Google Play Store subscriptions.

TomTom account that you used doesn't transfer subscriptions between app from AppGallery to app from GPlay Store. You can use it to transfer My Places, My Routes and Recent Destinations via MyDrive.
  • DutchienDutchien Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @szachowa That is weird? i payed for a tomtom go subscription. So why i need to pay again if i would use it from the playstore?

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1126141/transfer-subscription-to-replacement-phone Here it is possible.

Btw the app in the appgallery follows behind with one month, why is that?
    Staff

Application in AppGallery has different release cycle. I will get info about the plans.
  • grantstewgrantstew Posts: 83
    Staff
    The recurring subscriptions are dealt with by the platform stores, so if you have a subscription on Huawei, Android or iOS, they are non transferrable. You can move your subscription to a different phone, but not to a different platform.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,369 Moderator
    Hi @Dutchien
    @szachowa That is weird? i payed for a tomtom go subscription. So why I need to pay again if i would use it from the playstore?

I think you should get in touch with Huawei to see if they can help you here. As szachowa mentioned above, GO App subscriptions are now handled by Google and Huawei. Transfer across the platform is not possible. The link you mentioned above is applicable for Android devices using the google playstore.

Regards, lampard
    Staff
    szachowa wrote: »

Application in AppGallery has different release cycle. I will get info about the plans.

I can confirm that we plan to release update to AppGallery soon.