Weird roads added out of the blue in latest (NDS?) map — TomTom Community

Weird roads added out of the blue in latest (NDS?) map

MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,055
Superusers
With the latest map release (Map Share Reporter map 2021.06.003), it seems many strange parts of roads are added, that have never been there (for at least the last 20 years or so). See the examples below. Seems some bad regression errors. What happened here? Why are these strange parts of road suddenly introduced?

tq863jy8ukvh.png
g85fpjozjc5n.png
b2jgplshlza9.png

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,908 Moderator
    Hi @Megalos
    Strange, sending this one to the team.

- Vikram
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,055
    Superusers
    Thanks Vikram. One more example below:

cma07yzeas6y.png
    Superusers
    One more example. Did you manage to find out what is going on, @VikramK ?

tg3gveu6hm0l.png
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,442
    Superusers
    edited June 15
    Hi
    @Megalos

Do you think it could be the fake roads that Map providers sometimes add to protect the Copyright of their data... So if a competitor produces a Map with the same none existent roads... Then the original Map developer will know the Map data has been stolen ???

Stay Safe,,, ATB YFM
    Superusers
    Hi @YamFazMan, Mm.. not sure. I think they would occasionally add such a feature indeed, but very sparsely on the map. Now there were too many of these strange roads, even multiple in the same village. And across several towns as well. So I think it's too much for such a 'stamp'. Also, I reported a few and they all got fixed again. So to me seems more like some kind of severe issue in the map data.
    Hi @Megalos
    Our team reviewed the same coordinates and the routes you show are different that what we see on the MapShare website.
    I have attached the images below-

v6awc6cjnvle.png

cnnlgv07hte9.png

8tondtnulnv0.png

5qdktgq01gsd.png

1cvgveagixne.png

I am not sure about the last one, which exact road is incorrect.

Regards,
    Vikram
    Superusers
    Hi @VikramK , that's correct. I reported those wrong strangely added streets, and they fixed it already. That's why you don't see them anymore ;). The last example I just reported, so they didn't fix that one yet. The white roads there are the issue, the smooth one is correct, the one with all the 90-degree angles did come out of the blue, and should be removed. I already reported, so I guess they will fix it soon as well. These are just a few examples, but there are probably hundreds/thousands of them. So instead of finding individual cases, I was hoping they could find the structural issue, and fix them all at once :).
    Superusers
    And here another example. I won't report this one, maybe that helps the team to track back what the structural issue can be.

dx49f1ozmzum.png
    Superusers
    And another one here:

h922zrl40lkn.png
    Superusers
    And yet another one:

zr7tfp59lr0b.png
    Thank you, @Megalos
    I will add these examples...