cancelling speed camera services — TomTom Community

cancelling speed camera services

This support system is the worst by far of any organisation ever!!!!
What is WORLD SPEED CAMERA _ WHY AM I PAYING IT> I am in Australia I have been trying to contact you ever sine you started charging me this monthly amount. I do not need WORLD speed cameras - I thought I had lifetime speed cameras for Australia. I aM HEARTEDLY SICK OF THIS. wHY IS IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT tom tom.. i HAVE SENT LOADS OF EMAILS & MESSAGES.

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,967
    Superuser
    @louised_un42

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • louised_un42louised_un42 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    i HAVE BEEN DOING ALL OF THE ABOVE FOR WEEKS. WHEN I WAIT FOR GET IN TOUCH I GO ROUND & ROUND WITH THE SAME THING OVER & OVER AGAIN.
  • louised_un42louised_un42 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    aLSO HAVE SENT EMAILS +++
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    TBH this is an ongoing issue.
    @louised_un42 I would just wait for Tom Tom to respond. However I feel they should be able to sort this issue out by now - it can't be that hard to search for and rectify a glitch.

@louised_un42 I reckon as you are in Australia and if your unit came with free Speed camera Subscription for life then this ought to be fine.
    However if you only have Australia mapping then the database will update for Australia and not the rest of the world unless you have those maps added to the unit or SD Card.
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    @Qwerasdfg44 I'm having the same issue with mine too...
    It seems loads of mobile locations have just disappeared off the Tom Tom Speed Camera database since the New Year.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,906 Moderator
    Hi @louised_un42
    I reviewed your contact history and I find one ticket which was started yesterday.
    I will send a heads-up to the team to arrange a follow-up on a priority.

In the meanwhile here is a link to help you cancel the service on your account-

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-au/articles/360013902260

Regards, Vikram