Auto reconnect on bluetooth?

PalleP
PalleP Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Does Go Discover has automatic reconnect for live services using bluetooth from the phone? Older TomTom Go does not reconnect if the connection has been lost for some reason which is PITA.

Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 284
    Supreme Pioneer
    Connects on my samsung running android 10
  • PalleP
    PalleP Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Tnx, surely it connects, but does it reconnect after the connection has been broken?

My old GO 60 connect fine to my Samsung S8+ Android 9.0, but if the bluetooth connection is lost it does not reconnect.
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    edited June 2021
    I don't mean this to be funny but: usually.

I've had cases where it did not, but it usually does. If it does not. toggling the Bluetooth on your phone off and back on will usually get it to connect again quickly. Stepping out of the car for a minute or two is not a problem but driving for a long time (20 minutes?) in an area where there is no signal sometimes is an issue.
  • snowplow42
    snowplow42 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    battery went dead while driving after 400 kl then recharged it will not reconnect
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    That's strange. Did you try a "drumroll reset". When the unit is on, press and hold the power button for 15 or 20 seconds until you hear a drumroll and see the TomTom logo. Does that help any?

If not, remove the bluetooth pairing from both the Discover and the phone and then try to pair again.