No voice alerts on iPhone — TomTom Community

No voice alerts on iPhone

d95gasd95gas Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Although this is more about the iPhone, I have the same issue on Android. As of around 3 months back the voice alerts do not work on my iPhone (Nor Android). Alerts used to work perfect, but after an update it seemed to kill everything.

Using iPhone XS on latest IOS, when connected to my car via Bluetooth I get no alerts so speed camera's at all

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,314 Moderator
    Hi there @d95gas

Welcome to the Community! Unfortunately, warnings from the AmiGO app (iOS) to Car radio via Bluetooth are not supported yet. The team will look if it's possible to introduce a similar setting as in Android.

Best, lampard
  • d95gasd95gas Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The iPhone is connected to the car via Bluetooth for my calls, is there no option to have the audio warnings coming direct from the Phone?

Also same situation with Android, worked fine up until a few updates back, now I get no audio warnings at all. Phone is not connected via Bluetooth.

This "was" the best app out there, but it now seems very broken.
    edited June 8
    Hello,

About the Android app, do you have "Use Bluetooth HFP" enabled? Have you tried changing the toggle in Settings called "Always use device speaker"?
    f1pwf3l7n5y7.jpg

On the iOS app, we do not have the "Always use Device Speaker" option (as shown above). You've to manually connect his phone to the Bluetooth device. It should ideally work then.

Best, lampard
  • d95gasd95gas Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Re Android: I dont use this device in bluetooth mode (have 2 phones), and have "Always use device speaker" enabled.

I have tried with both GoogleText-to-Speech and Huawei Text-to-speech. I still get no audio warnings.

On the iPhone, as this is my business phone, it is always connected to Bluetooth when in the car, and definately no audio warnings from it. I got visual Speed camera warning, but no Audio.

iPhone - iPhone XS on IOS 14.6
    Android - Huawei P30 Pro on Android 10
    Vehicle - Toyota Corolla Sport Tourer (2021)
    Thank you for the details, @d95gas ! Perhaps @SanderG can help here :)

Best, lampard