Premium X - Still No Mobile Speed Cameras — TomTom Community

Premium X - Still No Mobile Speed Cameras

Well this is a long-running saga if ever there was one!
My Go Premium X has lifelong subscription to Speed Cameras... but even though all my setting are selected green (for mobiles, etc.) it is still not picking any mobile locations up at all!

I went up to Carlisle last week and not a one on the journey there and whilst up there too. Surely there must be mobile locations on the Tom Tom Speed Camera database?

I've updated it twice now with recent updates but still nothing.

Come on Tom Tom get this sorted! It is still showing up as I have to pay for this subscription (having been told a few weeks back that this was a glitch on the website) so surely somebody could have fixed this by now!

And before anyone asks... Yes I have factory reset (as suggested on here) and then updated the database again... and still nothing.

I feel that the database is flawed and has a huge problem as it should pick up everything under the category of Speed Camera - but it isn't. In fact the only thing it picks up are static Gatso and Specs Average.

Answers

• DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Just trialled journeys to Cornwall and London... not a one Mobile Camera picked up.
    This is strange...
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,433
    Superusers
    Hi
    @DJSheridan
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Are the Speed Cams showing as 'Activated' ???

@VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    Serena or Malcolm here in the UK
    Also....
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    Along with the standard triple 'dong dong dong' warning, the device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited June 1
    @YamFazMan yes all as it should be... but the issue is this has been going on since the New Year...
    I upgraded my Go 5200 for the Premium X and add said PX to my account... and at the same time my 5200 brought up all mobile cameras, etc. where my new PX didn't.

Then at the same time (coincidence?) both units on my account stated "you need to subscribe to Speed cameras" - which I know I don't... which has since been identified as a glitch on the web site.

But I still maintain that this is a bigger issue as even after updating again in the last 20 minutes to the new Speed Camera database there appears to be no Mobile Cameras on any journey I plan - and I travel all over Wales and England and know where locations are.

There will obviously be more mobile locations then static and average locations... but any journey i make it seems the mobile location in the database have been lost.

Sorry to keep stating it but there is an issue with Tom Tom as reading through the forums many others have the same issue... and this needs sorting.

Yes Tom Tom might be working from home - but they still have access to their servers etc. to enable them to keep working.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,433
    Superusers
    Hi
    @DJSheridan
    Just installed the latest Speed-Cam updates (World) on my GO Premium.... ....
    Checked a few Mobile Speed Camera Van locations... All Active ???

qzolc74jfrat.jpg

bl2eptvh6kjx.jpg

w7ib95i8bn1h.jpg

gbw2biqssjxj.jpg

hr2w5lzjy5qp.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi @YamFazMan
    I too have uploaded new database and after doing several more routes up to 300 miles away I still have no mobiles coming up.
    Yes this is selected on Sounds and Alarms... so not sure why this is causing such a problem.
    There used to be loads of Mobile sites around the Uk but there seems to be none at all?