Worldwide Maps — TomTom Community

Worldwide Maps

ZummerzetZummerzet Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
I've just bought a new Go Premium 6", which is supposed to come with lifetime world maps. I have powered it up, connected to my WiFi, and let it do the updates that were due, but it only shows as having Europe maps, not Worldwide. Am I doing something wrong? The description on the website when I bought it definitely said the map coverage was "Everywhere". The item description on the invoice says "GO PREMIUM 6" WORLD (EU) CONNECTED", which is slightly misleading as it says both World and EU, but the website definitely said "Everywhere", as opposed to "Europe", which the cheaper models said. I've IM'd Vikram, as I've read on here that he is the go-to person, but I don't know whether he is still around.

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,972
    Superuser
    edited June 1 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Zummerzet

Are you saying that when the unit has logged into your My Drive account and then you go to Settings/Maps and select Add a map you are not offered any for download?

It would be supplied with the Regional map for where it was purchased.

Doug
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Zummerzet

You can add a Micro SD class 10 memory card, 16gb or max 32gb recommended, and then you can have Europe and the USA at the same time. In the meantime provided you have at least 1 map on the unit you can add or delete any other map.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    edited June 1 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Zummerzet

Are you saying that when the unit has logged into your My Drive account and then you go to Settings/Maps and select Add a map you are not offered any for download?

It would be supplied with the Regional map for where it was purchased.

Doug
  • ZummerzetZummerzet Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Doug, you're absolutely right. I've found the US map in the Add a Map section. Only trouble is, there's not enough memory to install the US map as well as the Europe map, so I'm uninstalling Europe and replacing it with UK and ROI only. Thanks for the advice.
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Zummerzet

You can add a Micro SD class 10 memory card, 16gb or max 32gb recommended, and then you can have Europe and the USA at the same time. In the meantime provided you have at least 1 map on the unit you can add or delete any other map.

Doug