Home and recent destinations lost after map update — TomTom Community

Home and recent destinations lost after map update

The last couple of times I've updated the maps on my TomTom One, the information about recent destinations and my home location were lost. This never used to happen. Not the biggest problem in the world, but it irks me nevertheless to have to reenter the home info. Anyone know a cure for this, or how to report my displeasure to TomTom?

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 761 [Revered Pioneer]
    backup map.cfg file
  • crossbeauxcrossbeaux Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Not sure what you're saying here. I want the new map. But when I load the new map, I want my GPS to remember what my home setting is, i.e. the address of my house that I now have to enter in every time I do an update. That address used to be remembered.

Does map.cfg contain the map, or does it contain info about the map, like recent addresses and home address? If it does, how do I get it to not be overwritten when I load a new map?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,902 Moderator
    Hi @crossbeaux
    Welcome to the community!
    Map.cfg is a file where the device saves the map related settings such as Favourites, home location, recent destinations, etc. It is also re-created when returning factory settings or when performing map updates.

If I remember correctly it's stored inside the map folder(device), or perhaps you can perform a file search on your computer.
    Save a copy of this file, and you can add it again at the same location when you update maps.

Regards, Vikram