No speed camera subsciprtion — TomTom Community

No speed camera subsciprtion

I just purchased a TomTom Go Premium that should include lifetime speed camera's but when i look at the details on my products page it doesn't say that i have a speed camera subscription and gives me the option to buy one.

How can i activate the lifetime subscription that should be included?

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,967
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Novastorm

Go to Settings/System/About and it indicates Whether or not Cameras are activated.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Hi @Novastorm

What does it say on the device itself. Also wait a day or so to see if you are offered an update.

Doug
  • NovastormNovastorm Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the reply.

The device says it's up to date, and that I'm connected to traffic and mydrive.
    Doesn't say anything about speed camera's anywhere that I can see.

Will give it a day and check again tomorrow.

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Novastorm

Go to Settings/System/About and it indicates Whether or not Cameras are activated.

Doug
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    @Novastorm and @DougLap
    I have still go the same issue with my Premium X - Speed Cameras are not up-to-date with regards Mobile Locations, etc.

I have checked, checked, re-checked and checked again... even doing a factory reset and checking and re-checking again and all settings on mine are as they should be - but still it only picks up Static, Red Light and Average Cameras.

I went to Carlisle last week and not a one Mobile location was found... so I will keep saying that the Tom Tom database for Speed Cameras is flawed or Mobiles, etc. have been removed.

@Novastorm there is a glitch (and has been for the past 4 months or more) on the Tom Tom Website - if your unit had lifetime Cams (as the Premium does) then you will have them.
    Ignore the subscription for Cams on your account... Tom Tom are (supposedly) on it.
  • NovastormNovastorm Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just checked the device and it does indeed say that speed camera's are activated, so I must also be affected by the glitch where it doesn't show up on the website.

I expected this information to be in the same spot where I could see that traffic, mydrive, Bluetooth and wifi were connected, combined with the website glitch got me worried.

Thanks @DougLap and @DJSheridan for the quick replies.
    Glad to be of help @Novastorm :)
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,433
    Superusers
    edited June 2
    Hi
    @DJSheridan
    Just installed the latest Speed-Cam updates (World) on my GO Premium.... ....
    Checked a few Mobile Speed CamVan locations... All Active ???

qzolc74jfrat.jpg

bl2eptvh6kjx.jpg

w7ib95i8bn1h.jpg

gbw2biqssjxj.jpg

hr2w5lzjy5qp.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Superuser
    Hi @DJSheridan

Been out for a run today and using the Go Navigation IOS App I was advised of a Mobile Hotspot at Mapcode GBR NNP.XXN.

Doug
    @DougLap I understand that you have it working...
    But after several years of Tom Tom Speed Cameras and travelling 52 miles to work every day and travelling the whole of Wales and England I know there were thousands of locations for Mobile Camera Locations on the database... up until February this year. They have all but disappeared!

So this either means my device has a glitch (which is highly unlikely as it is a new device) or the database is flawed.

Many others on the forums are declaring an issue with the Speed Cameras and there is a glitch on the website with subscriptions for Speed Cameras when it ought not to be there for those like me with life time updates for free.

I have checked some other routes from North Wales down to end of Cornwall and my device still does not find any Mobile Locations along the route... and a journey of 390 miles there should be loads.

I am an understanding person but I can see why others on here are getting infuriated with Tom Tom as they do not seem to care about Customer Service.

The Website glitch should have been sorted by now.
    Superuser
    Hi @DJSheridan

Whilst you have been travelling around the country over the last year have you seen many Mobile Cameras in operation. Certainly around here I have not seen any for months even at the regularly used positions. The warning I indicated I got yesterday has not been given for a few weeks so is it possible it has been there recently and the spot reintroduced to the system. I assume if a spot is not confirmed for a period it can drop of the schedule so that you don’t get continually warned for ever.

Doug
    @DougLap
    Yes I know that can happen... and I always indicate YES to a location being there even if no police or vans were there at that time (as it is a known location where they haunt)...

But when they all seem to have disappeared at the same time in a huge cluster and locations it is strange.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,433
    Superusers
    edited June 3
    Hi
    @DJSheridan
    Maybe why you are not seeing some/all Mobile Speed Cams ???
    Reporting a speed camera (Tomtom Smart Speed Camera database)
    The 'Is a Speed Camera still there' request is only issued if someone has recently reported a Speed Camera to be present, the warning should remain active for 2 to 3 hours unless someone else reports the Camera van still there, or it has moved on to a new location.
    The Tomtom Mobile camera database has always been that way
    I have also seen and NOT been warned about the Mobile Camera Vans, but I always report one if I see it, so I guess the Tomtom users for the next couple of hours received a warning

i.e... A while ago on Woodbury Lane, Worcester I spotted a Police Motorcycle speed check/trap... I received no warning
    I tapped the 'Report a Speed Cam' button....
    On the return journey I received a warning and a confirmation 'Is the Camera still there request'

ca783271-5bf6-4262-b15c-a82734b06077.png

I prefer camera the 3rd party Speed camera database that I use on my NAV3 devices, I don't mind the false positives, but it can get a little irritating along the A449 with the sheer amount of false positives
    The Tomtom 'Smart' Speed Camera database is so that people aren't annoyed by false positive Speed Cam warning
    I wish Tomtom would offer the best of both worlds
    A choice between their 'Smart' system that relies on other users reporting the Cameras
    Or an option to Warn about the location of each Camera whether it's a live Camera location or a false positive

Note... I find the 'Report a Speed Camera' button is greyed out when approaching a known Speed Cam site and the button only becomes active immediately adjacent to the Speed cam location....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hi @YamFazMan
    I understand all this but it seems totally strange that at one point in time - around February this year - that all known Mobile locations that were many all disappeared in one hit upon an update!

Surely this warrants a look-see to check the database is actually correct? I know it is a low-priority, but when Tom Tom offer this then it ought to be maintained?

Like I mentioned previously (in this post or another) I had both my older Go 5200 and my new Premium X updated to the latest SC database... and the Go 5200 showed all mobile locations whereas the Premium didn't...

Then the website glitch of asking to pay for subs (which still is an issue)...

Then when i factory reset my 5200 and updated the Speed Cams that too then the same as the Premium - not showing up the Mobile locations that were many.

I still maintain something is not quite right here.

In fact - to make this point more current:

I did a route plan from North to South Wales this morning - going down the west coast to Swansea... and it only picked up 2 Mobile locations along the route. This used to have potentially 20+ locations at one time...
    Strange that since Feb all but those 2 have disappeared.

Yes it's an algorithm thing and goes by people adding in and verifying etc. but a job lot of locations going missing on the database at the same coincidental time as the glitch on the website?
    Unless this can be rectified and evidence offered to show there is no issue then i'm not buying that it is up-to-date and correct.