Why suddenly pay for speedcamara's?

PoPi
PoPi Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
I was suprised to see on my account that my lifetime speed camara's was deactivated. Then I did an update using MyDrive for speed camara's with positive result. I even payed € 0.33 for a month using my account and could still not activate it there. Does anyone have more information about this issue?

Best Answer

• PoPi
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Answer: Thanks, DougLap and Vikram, for your info and suggestion to ask a refund. What considers me is that surfing forward and backwards, using the TomTom website there are more faulty pages like "not existing pages". Also annoying is that a telephone conversation with TomTom Netherlands is not possible because it is missing. And I am not the only one outthere complaining! I.e. TomTom Germany has conveliantly placed their telephone number (cusumer service) on their website.

Kind regards,

PoPi

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Hi @PoPi

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up and review your units settings on the TT servers. Look back here tomorrow to see what they have to say.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,745
    Hi @PoPi
    Welcome to the community!
    Your TomTom has speed cameras updates for the lifetime of the device.
    The error you see on the account page is a bug already reported to our team. Please see my reply on a similar topic-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1750134/#Comment_1750134

Also, I see you paid for a monthly subscription which should not be required. You can contact our customer service to raise a refund request.

Regards, Vikram
  • PoPi
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Answer: Thanks, DougLap and Vikram, for your info and suggestion to ask a refund. What considers me is that surfing forward and backwards, using the TomTom website there are more faulty pages like "not existing pages". Also annoying is that a telephone conversation with TomTom Netherlands is not possible because it is missing. And I am not the only one outthere complaining! I.e. TomTom Germany has conveliantly placed their telephone number (cusumer service) on their website.

Kind regards,

PoPi