jonny_dee21 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited January 24 in TomTom Sports
Where can I buy a replacement battery for Golfer Gen 1 in the UK

Answers

• tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,938
    Superuser
    You need to look on third party sites like eBay, Amazon, etc. Since TT does not offer a repair service and that product was discontinued years ago (TT Sports went out of business over 3.5 years ago) it may be time for a new watch. There are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days.
  • jonny_dee21
    jonny_dee21 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hi tfarabaugh

Thanks for your response. I thought this to be the case but was unsure.

However, should anyone from TomTom read this thread.

My watch was only bought approximately 3 years ago, and for it to be essentially now obsolete, because the manufacturer no longer 'supports' it, is appalling customer service.

Had I know TomTom's intention, then I would have bought a competitive product from a manufacturer who values its customers. £200 is nothing to TomTom in the grand scheme of things, however this is not the case to me. :/
  • firewire
    firewire Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Where can I get the battery on my Go50 replaced?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,834
    Superuser
    Hi @firewire

Look at the videos re TT Go battery replacement on Youtube and if you feel confident enough the batteries and small tool kits are available from Ebay or Amazon.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,390
    Revered Voyager
    Tomtom no longer supports repairing the Go 50 so you have to search the web for a battery and change it.
    Videos are available on Youtube to help you change it.
  • firewire
    firewire Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    OK, thanks for your help. I am very disappointed with TomTom, so I think I will go to another manufacturer, probably Garmin.