Where do i find the map updates? — TomTom Community

Where do i find the map updates?

Hi!

I recently bought a TomTom via 130 and on the box it says that it includes life time map updates.
I have downloaded the TomTom MyDrive Connect application and the device has status "up to date".
This status seems to be related to the firmware version and not the map version because if I browse "About my unit" on the gps itself the map has a release date of 2013. I've been doing some travelling lately and noticed that the age of the maps is rendering the device unusable.

How do I go about updating the maps? Where do I find the "life time" map updates promised on the box?

Any help would be very appreciated as I'm currently no better off than before the purchase of this product.

Best regards,
Hl Saljservice
Tagged:

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,972
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @HL_Saljservice1

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up tomorrow and can review your unit on the TT servers to see if it qualifies for Updates. They may have to ask you for your units serial Number via private message. Do NOT show the serial number on this forum.

If they do not have all the information they may suggest that you contact Customer Support via Chat with more information.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,908 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @HL_Saljservice1, Welcome to the community!
    Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @HL_Saljservice1

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up tomorrow and can review your unit on the TT servers to see if it qualifies for Updates. They may have to ask you for your units serial Number via private message. Do NOT show the serial number on this forum.

If they do not have all the information they may suggest that you contact Customer Support via Chat with more information.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @HL_Saljservice1, Welcome to the community!
    Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • HL_Saljservice1HL_Saljservice1 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thank you both for the quick replies!

@VikramK I have sent you a PM with my serial number.

Best regards,
    Hl Saljservice
  • GTK327GTK327 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    edited June 11
    Hi,
    I have a TomTom Via 130 (or Via 1535, according to MyDrive Connect) and 2 days ago purchased a new Western Europe map with 4 updates.
    The order is completed and the subscription is shown as active, but the new map doesn't appear on MyDrive Connect for me to download.

I have tried to contact support but the number is disconnected and the bot doesn't have an answer for my query.
    Can someone please advise how I can access the new map given that it doesn't appear anywhere for me to download?

Thanks,
    Gavin
    edited June 11
    Hi @GTK327
    Welcome to the community!
    The order has not been allocated to your account. Please get in touch with our customer service along with the order number to sort out the subscription.

The phone support has been discontinued, however you can use email or chat.
    See the steps above in Doug's comment

Regards, Vikram

Thanks Vikram,
    I haven't seen an email address for support, and a 'chat' option hasn't come up that I can see - it appears to be a bot which is very limited in what it can do.
    Can you give me the email address?
    Regards, Gavin
    Superuser
    Hi @GTK327

Try the following

Go to https://www.tomtom.com/en_au/navigation/

When logged in Tap Contact Us.(Lower right)
    New box appears lower right . Wait for a few seconds for the Get in Touch option to appear in it
    Tap Get in touch
    You now get an Email option or Chat. I have just tried it from here in the UK and it is saying Chat is closed as it is out of office hours.

If it does not work exactly as described try another Web Browser

Doug
    Thanks for your help Doug. Unfortunately, I have never seen an 'In Touch' button and I have tried this numerous times over many hours, following the earlier instructions. I need another option.
    Regards, Gavin
    I use chrome and also Edge - same result.
    Superuser
    Hi @GTK327

I am using Safari and also get it to work with Firefox. When you Tap Contact us do you get the box with 3 blue areas in it with different options. The Get in Touch appears a few seconds later in red lower in the box.

Doug
  • PL1PL1 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @GTK327

Try the following

New box appears lower right . Wait for a few seconds for the Get in Touch option to appear in it
    Tap Get in touch
    You now get an Email option or Chat. I have just tried it from here in the UK and it is saying Chat is closed as it is out of office hours.

Doug

I tried this with Opera and Firefox and I do not see a "Get In Touch" option in either the US or AU site, just for additional feedback.
    Superuser
    edited June 11
    Hi @GTK327

That’s disappointing.

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard can make a further suggestion. As I said if i go on the AU webpage I gave the link for the Get in Touch option appears below the 3 blue boxes as I checked it before I posted.

Doug
    edited June 11
    Hi @GTK327

That’s disappointing.

Maybe @VikramK or @lampard can make a further suggestion. As I said if i go on the AU webpage I gave the link for the Get in Touch option appears below the 3 blue boxes as I checked it before I posted.

Doug

Just to add some insight, following your link exactly, I do not even see "Contact Us.(Lower right)". Once I select "Support", I see "Contact Us". Then I see the 3 blue boxes, but I never see a "The Get in Touch appears a few seconds later in red lower in the box."

twtp0n8a7ngh.png

Just giving back some feedback, I have no need to contact myself.

edited June 11
    Hi @GTK327

That’s disappointing.

Doug

Ok, I just got it to work. Apparently, when you select "Support" up top. it logs you out. Then if you log in again, the "Get in Touch" DOES appear!

6g6hwgvl90im.png

EDIT: I happened to notice in my previous post that it says "Sign IN" upper right, so that helped me to see I was no longer logged in.
    Superuser
    edited June 11
    Hi @PL1

When I saw the picture i was going to post that you had not Logged in certainly makes all the difference and is why I say you must do this after Sign in Top Right.

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
    Thanks PL1, those pictures helped and I have now found the email button. I also changed some settings on my browser and it maybe that that enabled the email option to appear on my PC - not sure??
    I will give it a go next week when it is open and there are people at the other end to respond.
    Thanks again.
    Gavin
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,440
    Superusers
    edited June 12
    Hi
    @PL1
    PL1 wrote: »
    (Snip) I tried this with Opera and Firefox and I do not see a "Get In Touch" option in either the US or AU site, just for additional feedback.
    This usually works for me....
    If the 'Contact us' button is not displayed....
    Try refreshing your Browser page....

lxm3in4tfori.jpg
    A couple more tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited June 12
    Hi YFM,

We got past the "Contact Us" button. It was the "Get In Touch" button that eluded us.

What we have learned is that this link https://www.tomtom.com/en_au/navigation/ takes you to the Tom Tom home page. You THEN need to select SUPPORT up top. Once you are in the SUPPORT page, you must then log in or make sure you are still logged in.

Then these directions will work (Modified with my suggestion):

added: "Select The Support Tab At The Top Of The Page"

Tap Get in touch

Doug
    Thanks all. It worked for me. I had to log in again after clicking support in the very top menu, and then clicked on the 'Contact Us' button. I then had to wait several seconds before the "Get In Touch' option came up within the 'contact us' screen. All good.
    Gavin