Questions about a new Start 52 — TomTom Community

Questions about a new Start 52

1. I have turned Night Colours OFF but it is still using Night Colours (it is 9:30pm). This is a problem because I am indoors, trying to program some My Places and the screen is too dark to see properly !
2. Is there any way to create a route to a point on the map ? I don't mean using the co-ordinates but by selecting the point on the map that I want to go to. When out walking I seem to go to a lot of destinations that don't have addresses and I have no idea what their co-ords are.
3. The brightness is lovely - until I plug into my car when it falls to a level that is not properly visible. What's going on ?
Thanks!

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,614
    Superusers
    edited May 30
    Hi
    @MartinGM
    Welcome to the site...
    MartinGM wrote: »
    1. I have turned Night Colours OFF but it is still using Night Colours (it is 9:30pm). This is a problem because I am indoors, trying to program some My Places and the screen is too dark to see properly
    When you are using the device at home in the evening or night....
    Do not use the day/night option in the Main Settings menu to toggle the daylight setting....
    Here... Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Display... Switch to night colours when dark (Default ON)

Instead, use the day/night switch....
    Here... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu)... Screen bottom right....
    thtzckffqen8.jpg
    Also....
    There's an anomaly in the Day/Night switching, where if you change the setting during the hours of darkness to off, the switching to Daytime Map colours never happens....

During the Daytime hours the Night colours are OFF therefore the Icon is slashed through

141b2a92-6c52-4882-aa3b-faab8c911998.jpg
    Day/Night auto settings....
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Appearance --> Display... Switch to night colours when dark (Default ON)

For more info, See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1131453/#Comment_1131453
    2. Is there any way to create a route to a point on the map ? I don't mean using the co-ordinates but by selecting the point on the map that I want to go to. When out walking I seem to go to a lot of destinations that don't have addresses and I have no idea what their co-ords are
    Planning a route on the device....
    If you Tap on the direction of Travel Icon, above the + and - Signs
    To toggle between the North-up Overview Planning Map and the Driving Map view chosen in the Setting menus i.e... 2D (In direction of travel) or 3D

The Pointer for the North-up Planning Map is wider and more squat
    mulqpd39pdff.jpg
    You will see the direction of Travel Icon is thinner more pointed in the 2D in direction of travel or 3D Driving view

i82ldz9u5cf1.png
    Then using the 2D North-up overview Map...
    Zoom into the required location
    Long Tap (Tap and hold for +1 second)... A quick menu opens --> Tap the Blue (Drive) Icon or Tap the 3Dot icon to choose other options
    Note... A 'Short Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen or a planned route will give different menu options

If you use Stops as a route modifiers you can Long Tap (Tap and hold for +1 Second) On the required Map location... Tap on the 3Dot Icon... Add to Current Route

To add Stops to the current route you can Short Tap any where on a planned route Tap on the 3Dot Icon... Add Stop to Route
    4. The brightness is lovely - until I plug into my car when it falls to a level that is not properly visible. What's going on ?
    Thanks
    The Previous NAV4 and Latest (NAV5 Wi-Fi) devices are quite power hungry and can go into "Power saving mode" (Dull Screen) if not supplied with enough power
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1760104/#Comment_1760104

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • MartinGMMartinGM Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you very much !
    All sorted now
    Am I allowed a supplementary question ?? :):)
    I find the maps very low contrast in the daylight colours, partucularly small roads on the white background. Can this be changed in any way ?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,614
    Superusers
    edited May 30
    Hi
    @MartinGM
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)
    To help others in the community....
    If my reply answered your question ???
    Then on my Reply....
    Please answer 'Yes'
    To... Did this answer the question? 'Yes'< >' No'

Mine is dash mounted and tipped back a few degrees (the top of the device is away from me)
    If I hold the GO 6200 in front of me and tip the top towards me, the more I tilt it forward/towards me the more washed-out the screen becomes....

The only display settings available.....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Display --> Theme colour... I use Cosmic Blue....

ATB YFM