Postcode not found on TomTom GO — TomTom Community

Postcode not found on TomTom GO

Hello,

I try to enter SY5 9AZ into the TomTom GO iOS app but it can’t find it, so I can’t navigate to it. But on a TomTom Start 25 satnav, it actually finds this postcode.
What would be the reason for this please? Is your app using a different database to your physical boxes? Waze app has this postcode in their database.

I was thinking of buying the app after the free trial but this was the first postcode I tried to navigate to and I couldn’t do it, so it’s not a great start.
Thanks

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,967
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @FrequentDriver478

Just off Criggion Lane?

Have you got the map that covers that area downloaded to your iPhone The UK is divided up into 4 maps with which you should also download the Ferry Connection File.

Does it find Criggion in search. if not suggest you have not got the relevant map on the phone.

Doug

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,967
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @FrequentDriver478

Just off Criggion Lane?

Have you got the map that covers that area downloaded to your iPhone The UK is divided up into 4 maps with which you should also download the Ferry Connection File.

Does it find Criggion in search. if not suggest you have not got the relevant map on the phone.

Doug
  • FrequentDriver478FrequentDriver478 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @FrequentDriver478

Just off Criggion Lane?

Doug

Amazing thanks Doug. I only had the North map installed. It finds it now. What's strange though is it still found a specific BN25 postcode in the deep south of the UK with only the north map installed. Thanks again.