Traffic bar not shown with Android Auto

KIlden-Pedersen
KIlden-Pedersen Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
When using TT GO with AA, the traffic bar is not shown on my car's info screen (Peugeot 208, Year: 2017). Is this not possible or a missing setting by me?

Best Answers

• Brainsie
    Brainsie Registered Users Posts: 37
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Google's security policy on Android Auto is blocking this at the moment. But what I read, they are working on a workaround.
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    Answer ✓
    Correct, we are working on a workaround, because it is missing feature that we see most complaint about.

Answers

• Brainsie
    Renowned Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Google's security policy on Android Auto is blocking this at the moment. But what I read, they are working on a workaround.
  • szachowa
    Answer ✓
    Correct, we are working on a workaround, because it is missing feature that we see most complaint about.
  • StevieNavi
    StevieNavi Registered Users Posts: 17
    Legendary Explorer
    Google should allow simply to mirror the Phone Screen on Android Auto. All those Navigation software is already optimized to use on the phone screen while driving. It's not really a difference if you have the phone itself in a phone holder or using the car's display.
  • walkerx
    walkerx Registered Users Posts: 333
    Supreme Navigator
    if google are blocking it, then why does the AmiGo show traffic indicators on Android Auto, it has pop-out to the side showing how long the delay is, surely its not that hard to implement on the subscription version
  • Brainsie
    Renowned Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    @MUP Great! Can't wait for the zooming/panning functionality to be released and hopefully TT can find a workaround for the route bar/ETA.

I'm also missing the exit numbers/road numbers.
  • szachowa
    Thanks @MUP
  • KIlden-Pedersen
    KIlden-Pedersen Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    Your comments has answered my questions, but I don't agree to having the traffic bar (TB) is a safety issue. The TB is a static thing that does not disturb the driver during driving, but tells him about traffic jam, read work etc. ahead. I woul rather say it supports safety. I hope TT can convince Google about this.