Go Premium X. Despite carrying out 2 resets my GPRS signal is still showing as deactivated. — TomTom Community

Go Premium X. Despite carrying out 2 resets my GPRS signal is still showing as deactivated.

How do I get the GPRS Reactivated?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,433
    Superusers
    edited May 27
    Hi
    @Geoff_Anderson1945
    Does it actually say "Deactivated" ??? or "Disconnected"....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and check your Tomtom Live Services status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Geoff_Anderson1945Geoff_Anderson1945 Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Is there still a telephone number or email address for CUSTOMER CARE OR SUPPORT PLEASE?
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Geoff_Anderson1945
    Welcome to the site....
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    1st... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,902 Moderator
    Hi @Geoff_Anderson1945
    The services on your account look okay.
    Despite carrying out 2 resets my GPRS signal is still showing as deactivated
    Is that a factory reset you are referring to?

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset

Thanks, Vikram
    Hi Vikram, Yes a factory reset from the main menu settings reset . Will try once more. I really need to know how to turn on the gprs signal (reactivate) I believe. Any help would be appreciated.
    Traffic alerts/info seem to work fine whilst connected to wifi at home, it has to be a problem with the radio signal. Regards Geoff
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Geoff_Anderson1945
    Maybe useful....
    Further info on Tomtom GPRS Live Devices & the 3 Data Connections that have priority over the GPRS SIM Card....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1750669/#Comment_1750669

Stay Safe.. ATB YFM
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    @Geoff_Anderson1945 I also have a Premium X...
    Feel there is a huge problem on this unit as my Speed Cameras do not work properly on mine...

It gets to the stage one can only Factory Reset so many times to realise the unit might be flawed.
    ...unless of course you have got your working again?

I'm still trying to get the Mobile Locations to show up and alarm out on routes... but they seem to have all disappeared from the database - even though the database is updated twice a week.
    Dear DJSheridan, Sorry to hear of your problems, not sure that we are experiencing the same difficulties though. whe connected everthing on my go premium x is working. Traffic and Cameras are both activated. Once I go beyond wifi range for a couple of minutes I lose the traffic alerts and imagine the camera alerts would not be updated either but they do remain on. I am going to try to contact Ton Tom customer care again but it is a very poor service compared with t my past experiences now.. Surely a Company like TomTom can afford to have a helpline properly manned.! Regards Geoff
    Apologies for the poor typing it is late!!
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    @Geoff_Anderson1945
    Tom Tom phone lines are not in use during the Covid Lockdowns, etc.... although feel they ought to be as most businesses can keep going whilst all working from home.

That said it does sound like a GPS issue. Not sure what else you could do except contact Tom Tom via the contact form on the site - that way someone will respond.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Geoff_Anderson1945
    Welcome to the site....
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    1st... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM