rider 500 pairing problems — TomTom Community

rider 500 pairing problems

richard135richard135 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have a rider 500, a sena smh5 headset, and a iPhone 11. please can some one tell me the best way to pair these and in what order as I've been trying for days, when one device connects the other drops off some of the features work others don't .

does anyone know should the rider 500 connect to my two devices with ALL the available features working? HELP!!!

Answers

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 714 [Revered Pioneer]
    Step 1 downgrade your iPhone to iOS 12
    Then follow instructions.

Or use a newer iOS version whiteout the Siri and phone support on de Rider.
    Traffic will work. MyDrive sync will work.
    Siri, Phone and music works from your headset not from the Rider. you can thank Apple for braking this.

• richard135richard135 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited May 26
    Thanks for your reply,
    is it possible and easy to downgrade my phone to iso12.
    and if i do will all functions then work.

or if not can you give me full instructions on how to get iSO version whiteout and then how to go about pairing them all, in what order?

thanks
    Apple makes it extremely difficult to downgrade iOS to older versions.
    Most things will work.
    Live traffic and MyDrive sync works
    Navigation instructions works

Siri, telephone calls doesn’t work on the Rider. Works on your headset.
    as soon as i pair the rider the phone button on my headset stops activating siri, very annoying.
    Only enable data for traffic.

479081d3-5a2e-4834-af5d-d625ad3b9946.jpg

Or even better use BlueTooth Tethering for the phone connection.
    I’m just about to send this rider 500 back to Amazon and keep my rider 420, less features but it works.
    I would like to keep the 500 if you or anyone can explain how to get the best results by using Bluetooth tethering or any other methods please explain, or it’s going back in the morning.
    Thanks
    Bluetooth tethering Is and works the same as on the Rider 4x0.
    During paring select the alternative option.

Please can you explain the complete process on what to pair to what and what options to choose or turn off. I don’t understand what you mean, I appreciate your comments but I need instructions from start to finish.
    I have no problem pairing I know exactly what to do but I don’t understand how to do the things you are suggesting about tethering etc.
    Can you explain the complete process what to pair to what and what options to choose along the way.
    Thanks
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,677
    Superusers
    edited May 26
    Hi
    @richard135
    Welcome to the site....
    There's an unresolved problem with the Apple iPhone iOS 13 & 14 and the and the MyDrive App's advanced Smartphone features... If you can live without the bells & whistles (Smartphone Messaging) of the MyDrive App...
    Just use a straight simple Bluetooth Connection....

Some tips you may want to see/try....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1741299/#Comment_1741299

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Great, I will try this first thing in the morning, definitely an answer directly related to my issue. Thanks I’ll let you know how I get on
    Morning YFM
    The only part of your instructions I don’t understand is the examples at the end about data for traffic turned on and the Bluetooth phone connection taking priority over GPRS.
    In simple terms what is the best setting for me to choose regarding this problem.

Then I’m all done 👍
    Superusers
    edited May 27
    Hi
    @richard135
    On the Rider 4xx/5xx devices you set the 'Data for Traffic & other devices' to ON....
    The info in the Example (1) that you refer to in my linked post....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1741299
    /#Comment_1741299
    Only applies to the Tomtom devices that have a built-in GPRS SIM card, for example the GO Premium....
    The Rider 4xx/5xx device does not have a built-in GPRS SIM card, therefore information the Example (1) does not Apply to the Rider 4xx/5xx devices....

Maybe useful... Further info on Tomtom GPRS Live Devices & Data Connection priority over the SIM Card....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1750669/#Comment_1750669

Stay Safe...ATB YFM
    Ok thanks,
    So does it basically mean when I connect the rider 500 like this I will only have the same features as the older rider 420.
    Non of the smart features
    Superusers
    edited May 27
    Hi
    @richard135
    I'm still running iOS12 here, so everything works as it should...
    But as far as I'm aware when using the workaround for iPhones with iOS13 and above... The Live Services like Traffic etc... all work... But the iPhone Smart features like Siri and Text Messaging etc... do not work ???
    The MyDrive App... If the MyDrive App is not connected over Bluetooth to the iPhone, then routes can be planned and synced to the Rider 4xx/5xx....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM