Tom Tom Go Premium live traffic does not work error saying unavailable — TomTom Community

Tom Tom Go Premium live traffic does not work error saying unavailable

paulne99paulne99 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
hello can anyone help my live traffic does not work error saying unavailable

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,906 Moderator
    Hi @paulne99
    The services on your account look okay.
    Have you tried the troubleshooting steps advised in the video below?

- Vikram
  • Jez147Jez147 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I also cannot connect my new device to traffic, I have followed all the instructions on the video.
  • paulne99paulne99 Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi all sorted now thanks for the reply’s very helpful but it was at Tom toms end
    They needed to activate something after 30 mins on a silly chat window finally got it sorted. Must admit I’m not impressed with the new Tom Tom hardly any menus but it’s bigger

• Jez147Jez147 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I presume that’s what’s wrong with mine, hopefully they sort it before I send it back.
  • HansbaaltHansbaalt Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have a Tomtom go 6200. Same problem no traffic. I've been chatting and mailing with customer service (India?) for almost two months now. They are not cappable to offer a solution. For the third time now they have reset my Sim-card, and for the third time it doesn't work.
    First time they told me to go for a hard reset, followed by a soft reset. That didn't work. After that they told me that all these devices had the same problem and it would be solved with a software update. After they said they made a change in my account that would solve the problem (it didn't). After that they made a change in my Sim-card (that didn't work). After that they once again came with the hard reset followed by a soft reset (that didn't work). After they made a reset of the sim-card (spoiler alert; it didn't work). And just now they once again said they solved the problem with resetting the Sim-card. I'm sure it won't work again.
    And they have escalated the problem at least three times to their manager (ahum).
    Also they said numerous times that I could just connect the Tomtom with a smartphone and use the smartphone as hotspot. That's no option for me; I bought an expensive Tomtom go 6200 and it has the functionality of the € 170,00 cheaper Tomtom Essential.

Customer service is just dramatic. They really don't give a f**k about customers. They don't offer any solution and it's my problem, not theirs.

So if your Tomtom doesn't work, the best solution is to return it and go for a better brand (Garmin comes to mind).
    After several chats they said they had activated it at their end
    And I agree when they were on the phone they were very helpful but this useless chat is not good for business

After I posted the problem on facebook I got a message from Tomtom that I could send the device to the repair center. Shipped on Wednesday, received a replacement on Monday. Conclusion was that GPRS did not work. In any case, I'm glad I have a working Tomtom again. It's just a shame that I didn't get any further at the helpdesk for almost 2 months and after a post on facebook they finally took me seriously.
    Very good result but with a brand like Tom Tom you should not have to go through all that rigmarole it’s supposed to be a market leader or maybe was in it’s time
    Update: the replacement I received doesn't work..... There is no sound. So this one has to go back and maybe I will receive a Tomtom that works. Pfffffff
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,967
    Superuser
    Hi @Hansbaalt

See my response to your other similar post.

Doug
    You are not having much luck Really not good support from Tom Tom
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,433
    Superusers
    edited June 9
    Hi
    @Hansbaalt
    Hansbaalt wrote: »
    Update: the replacement I received doesn't work..... There is no sound. So this one has to go back, and maybe I will receive a Tomtom that works (Snip)
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) -->
    Are any of the Sound Icons slashed through ???

Note... The Day/Night screen brightness Icon...
    Should be slashed through....
    dy49cl5hc6cc.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    I've tried that. Also tried a factory reset and a factory reset followed by a soft reset, but no sound (not even the drums). It's back to Tomtom now. Should be back in 5 to 10 days......