3D map view is not preserved

Endorphinity
Endorphinity Registered Users Posts: 12
Master Explorer
Why does the app allow to choose a map view in the settings but doesn't preserve it? I have selected 3D map in the settings, but the it ALWAYS is displayed on launch as a 2D map and I need to tap on a compass icon every time to get the view the way I like.

Best Answer

• szachowa
    szachowa TomTom Staff Posts: 492
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Endorphinity,

the setting which is available is about guidance mode, it applies to situation when user is driving.

We show map in 2D mode on startup, when user is not driving, to provide better overview of current location.

Answers

• irina-shk
    irina-shk Administrators, Staff Posts: 20
    @Endorphinity this setting is for guidance view. In example if you choose 2D and start driving, map will guide you in 2D.
  • szachowa
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Endorphinity,

the setting which is available is about guidance mode, it applies to situation when user is driving.

We show map in 2D mode on startup, when user is not driving, to provide better overview of current location.
  • szachowa
    Supreme Pioneer
    View should change to guidance mode, as soon as you start driving.
  • Endorphinity
    Master Explorer
    Thanks for answering, but it is unclear from the settings wording. Would be better to name it properly.
  • szachowa
    Supreme Pioneer
    Hmm, if you are not using our app in US language, this can be some translation issue.

What app language do you use? Maybe we could improve translation.
  • szachowa
    Supreme Pioneer
    Yeah, I will report it, even for US it doesn't explicitly mean here guidance.
  • Endorphinity
    Master Explorer
    szachowa wrote: »
    Hmm, if you are not using our app in US language, this can be some translation issue.

What app language do you use? Maybe we could improve translation.

I am forced to use it with Russian locale because otherwise I cannot see Ukrainian toponyms on the map. However I'd prefer to keep US English with maps shown in Cyrillic, as well as the Ukrainian voice guidance, but that's another story.
  • szachowa
    Supreme Pioneer
    For confusing description, I reported internally bug for us: GONAV-3305.