Warning about two active subscriptions on the app

eddydc
eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
Exalted Navigator
Installation of 3.1 suddenly makes that I've 2 subscriptions (one for and I get the advice to cancel one of them): one migrated go mobile subscription and a TT go subscription, both supposed to be active.
Reported this to support and traditionally I got a copy/paste nonsense answer.

Mod edit: This discussion was created from comments split from: GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto!19/5

Comments

• paba2
    paba2 Administrators, Staff Posts: 41 Staff
    edited May 2021
    @eddydc but what is a problem exactly ? if you have two subscriptions Unlimited Navigation and one auto-renewing from Playstore you can cancel second one. (of course whether this is worth the hassle depends on expiration dates of purchased products)
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    I got a unlimited navigation migrated from go mobile and active until Dec 15th 2021 an active TT go navigation. It says that have 2 active subscriptions.
    It also says that I can save money by cancelling my new subscription in the play store.
  • paba2
    edited May 2021
    If you go to Playstore's app settings you should see under Payments and Subscriptions if you have active auto renewing subscription. If there is one it would be redundant with migrated one.
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    paba2 wrote: »
    If you go to Playstore's app settings you should see under Payments and Subscriptions if you have active auto renewing subscription. If there is one it would be redundant with migrated one.

There is indeed one, but with a different end date : Dec 10th. But what happens if I delete that one? No subscription after Dec 15th?

• paba2
    @eddydc yes it will not be renewed at December 10th, so your access will be blocked after 15th due to expiration of migrated navigation. You can renew it then.
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    paba2 wrote: »
    @eddydc yes it will not be renewed at December 10th, so your access will be blocked after 15th due to expiration of migrated navigation. You can renew it then.

I've cancelled the subscription in play store now. The message of two active subscriptions remains though.

• paba2
    edited May 2021
    @eddydc cancelled sub will be active until December 10th, I raised improvement ticket for team to check if app can distinguish cancelled subscription and hide warning message. (GONAV-3250)
  • schneidernet
    schneidernet Registered Users Posts: 269
    Exalted Navigator
    My subscription expires in March 2022. The upgrade says its expired. Won't allow me to use it. I think in the past I had to nuke cache, data, uninstall then reinstall and setup everything again.

Not sure it is worth it. Doubt I can get a refund either.
  • paba2
    @schneidernet are you referring here to migrated subscription from old app or auto-renewing Playstore one?

For migrated one log into TT account (pick "Restore Purchases" on Paywall screen).

For Playstore one there is this Google issue that users may lost access to subscription on autoupdate https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/139597485 in case they have multiple email accounts on phone.

If that's the case only app reinstallation from playstore helps. Also you may wanna disable auto updates for TT app, and just update manually on demand. At least until Google fixes this issue.
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    Is a subscription outside Google playstore and Apple appstore still possible? Looking at this post; it seems to be the case via this option.
    Of so, that would also implies that one could buy a subscription independent from the type of device and run on both iOS and Android the same or is that not the case?