3D map view and street names on Android Auto — TomTom Community

3D map view and street names on Android Auto

FuzzbyrooFuzzbyroo Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
I like the new TomTom Go app for Android Auto so far but I have two main issues with it.

First off, I'm not a fan of having to manually switch to 3D mode every time I start up the app. I think it would be cool if it switched to the 3D mode automatically like when you start driving or just as the start up screen.

My only other issue is that it doesn't show me the name of the street that I'm driving on like it does on the mobile app. On the TomTom Go mobile app it shows the street name at the bottom of the screen next to the speed limit and I like knowing what street/road I'm driving on when I'm driving in an area that I'm not familiar with. Most modern GPS' have this feature (including all the standalone TomTom GPS') so I was wondering if there are any plans on adding current street names in the future?

Mod edit:This discussion was created from comments split from: GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto!21/5

Comments

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    Fuzzbyroo wrote: »
    I like the new TomTom Go app for Android Auto so far but I have two main issues with it.

First off, I'm not a fan of having to manually switch to 3D mode every time I start up the app. I think it would be cool if it switched to the 3D mode automatically like when you start driving or just as the start up screen.

But we switch to 3D mode as soon as user starts driving. Sounds like some bug to me.
    Would it be possible to provide us more info about your setup?
    I would like to get answer to following questions that may help us here:
    1. Is application running on your phone while connecting to Android Auto head unit?
    2. What are the settings in zoom and orientation screen?
    3. Are you driving or car is standing still when connecting to Android Auto head unit?
    My only other issue is that it doesn't show me the name of the street that I'm driving on like it does on the mobile app. On the TomTom Go mobile app it shows the street name at the bottom of the screen next to the speed limit and I like knowing what street/road I'm driving on when I'm driving in an area that I'm not familiar with. Most modern GPS' have this feature (including all the standalone TomTom GPS') so I was wondering if there are any plans on adding current street names in the future?

We have this improvement planned for the future (GONAV-2164). There are also some other settings from map and display screen that we currently don't support on the AA head unit.

• FuzzbyrooFuzzbyroo Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Awesome! I look forward to seeing these future improvements.
    We have this improvement planned for the future (GONAV-2164). There are also some other settings from map and display screen that we currently don't support on the AA head unit.

What is GONAV-2164? I don't believe I've heard of it.
    Staff
    Fuzzbyroo wrote: »
    Awesome! I look forward to seeing these future improvements.

What is GONAV-2164? I don't believe I've heard of it.

This is ID of internal ticket that we create in our bug management system to track. It is only for our information purposes.
  • MUPMUP Posts: 245 [Exalted Navigator]
    @szachowa
    It's very interesting to read TT-items directly inside Google's issue tracker.

Would You please also share Google's issue tracker to the public for the "side bar" problem?

Many thanks
    Staff
    MUP wrote: »
    @szachowa
    It's very interesting to read TT-items directly inside Google's issue tracker.

Would You please also share Google's issue tracker to the public for the "side bar" problem?

Many thanks

I believe that there isn't such ticket reported for Google. I will check with our team, since we only keep it internally for now.