Ability to change the alert sounds — TomTom Community

Ability to change the alert sounds

FlanimalFlanimal Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have a feature request. Please can we have an option to tone down the alert sounds? Currently it beeps three times quite loudly for speed camera alerts. I'd prefer just a quieter single beep, or a customisable sound.

Mod edit:This discussion was created from comments split from: GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto!.23/5

Comments

• BoefjeNLBoefjeNL Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    In settings you can choose the audio output channel. Which one did you choose / use?

In my experience using the music output the TomTom sound is too soft compared to app music. Any thoughts on this?
  • martin.armstrongmartin.armstrong Posts: 43 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited May 23
    @Flanimal
    I have requested that ages ago, because I find the noise really obtrusive, especially when using a headset but that and other things I have suggested never seem to be implemented!
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    Flanimal wrote: »
    I have a feature request. Please can we have an option to tone down the alert sounds? Currently it beeps three times quite loudly for speed camera alerts. I'd prefer just a quieter single beep, or a customisable sound.

We have GONAV-1918 reported for customizable sounds.

I also extended the ticket to include idea about changing the volume level, although I remember that we made conscious decisions few years ago to remove volume slider from the TT GO Nav app and fully rely on Android volume controls.
  • ckkoenckkoen Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    szachowa wrote: »
    Flanimal wrote: »

We have GONAV-1918 reported for customizable sounds.

I also extended the ticket to include idea about changing the volume level, although I remember that we made conscious decisions few years ago to remove volume slider from the TT GO Nav app and fully rely on Android volume controls.

I would really really really welcome a volume slider inside the TomTom app! I know it was logical to remove the volume slider for the Android app, and I've never needed it since. But now that I've tested the new Android Auto integration in 3.1, I'm really missing that volume slider. I'm being absolutely deafened in my car.. I've got my music playing on a normal level, but then when my TomTom starts talking through Android Auto, it's a lot louder and I can't set it less loud, because then the music gets really silent too. I've tried other sound channels too, but they don't work or are so silent that you can barely hear them without the music. Again there's no way to set it louder.

The Android volume slider works very well when only using your phone. But when connected to Android Auto, there's a real necessity for a separate volume slider.

Thanks a lot for checking all these issues!
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    Hi @ckkoen , the only thing that I can do at the moment, is to report it as a possible improvement for us that we will consider in the future.

I created internal GONAV-3304 ticket for us, so we won't forget about it.