Green route on App screen

eddydc
eddydc Registered Users Posts: 298
Exalted Navigator
Hi,
Can someone explain me this green routes. A green suddenly appears in the sidebar and at a certain crossroad a green route shows. On top an indication suggests that this green route is faster. This is rather strange since that green is faster anyway and showed as normal route before 3.x.
With 3.x the blue route isn't the fastest and it seems to be done in order to prove that the green route is faster.
Very strange behaviour.
Eddy

Mod edit: This discussion was created from comments split from: GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto! 21/5.

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @eddydc

If you have not got always take the fastest route without asking then the Green Route will appear to indicate a faster route has been found.

When the Green Route appears the Route Bar indicates the junction at which a Faster Route than the current route starts. If when you get to the junction you take the turning onto the Green Route then the TT device takes that as your agreement to follow a quicker route and so now directs you that way. If however when you get to the junction you continue along the originally calculated route it then continues that way and forgets the quicker route it had found.

Doug
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @eddydc

If you have not got always take the fastest route without asking then the Green Route will appear to indicate a faster route has been found.

When the Green Route appears the Route Bar indicates the junction at which a Faster Route than the current route starts. If when you get to the junction you take the turning onto the Green Route then the TT device takes that as your agreement to follow a quicker route and so now directs you that way. If however when you get to the junction you continue along the originally calculated route it then continues that way and forgets the quicker route it had found.

Doug

That's odd behavior. My settings are set to take the fastest route anyway. Why doesn't do this from the start? There isn't any traffic that might influence that from the start.
    So this is a bug?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @eddydc

My apologies the first paragraph of my post was based on the PND units.

If the Android App is the same as the current IOS App you only get the option in Settings to request that the App calculates the Fastest etc route. The second option you get on PND units where you can instruct it to Always take the fastest route without asking or Ask first etc is not available. So what is offered in the App is that the unit will calculate the Fastest Route when first asked and will follow that route to the end. If during the journey it finds a Faster Route due to a change in Traffic conditions it will offer you that via the Green Route and indicate what junction the faster route starts at. If you ignore the faster suggestion then it will carry on as before but if you take it then that will be your new route.

So the App having initially sorting out the fastest route is giving you the option to change that if you wish and not to change the route without your knowledge.

Doug
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    Hi @eddydc

So the App having initially sorting out the fastest route is giving you the option to change that if you wish and not to change the route without your knowledge.

As such that make sense, but - as said - the green route was the fastest anyway and there was no reason to start with that fastest route in the first place since there was no traffic. Unless that is yet another example of the misbehavior of the IQ routes that doesn't take into account the real traffic info.
    I guess this is yet another bug.
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    eddydc wrote: »
    Hi @eddydc

Doug

That's odd behavior. My settings are set to take the fastest route anyway. Why doesn't do this from the start? There isn't any traffic that might influence that from the start.
    So this is a bug?

This may happen without a traffic, for instance when your heading changes right after the route was planned.

@eddydc , if you have reproducible scenario for this faster green route case without any traffic, please let us know, since there is a chance that we observe some bug here.
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    edited May 2021
    szachowa wrote: »

@eddydc , if you have reproducible scenario for this faster green route case without any traffic, please let us know, since there is a chance that we observe some bug here.

The route was from Diestsesteenweg, 3300 Tienen to Dorpsstraat, 3210 Lubbeek, both in Belgium (omitted the house numbers for privacy reasons).

As you can see: TT plans to go straight ahead at the Waterstraat (red arrow) until it suddenly realizes that going via the Waterstraat (depsite being only 30 km/h) makes you win 2 min (green arrow)
    aalj5xal1m3u.png

The competition makes the correct choice straight away:
    k7lnnp170b3c.png

• szachowa

The route was from Diestsesteenweg, 3300 Tienen to Dorpsstraat, 3210 Lubbeek, both in Belgium (omitted the house numbers for privacy reasons).

As you can see: TT plans to go straight ahead at the Waterstraat (red arrow) until it suddenly realizes that going via the Waterstraat (depsite being only 30 km/h) makes you win 2 min (green arrow)
    aalj5xal1m3u.png

k7lnnp170b3c.png

Interesting issue.
    I reported GONAV-3279 for us to check it.
  • eddydc
    Exalted Navigator
    rabero1985 wrote: »

Interesting issue.

Btw in case you've missed it, the first screen comes from mydrive, thus this makes the same mistake.

• szachowa
    rabero1985 wrote: »

Interesting issue.

Btw in case you've missed it, the first screen comes from mydrive, thus this makes the same mistake.

At the moment we are flooded with the feedback about 3.1.0 release, we will take a look whenever we find some time.

I will try to reproduce it, and probably I will move the ticket to other team, since it seems to be related to the routing component that we use.
  • szachowa
    edited May 2021

aalj5xal1m3u.png

k7lnnp170b3c.png

Hi @eddydc , may I ask for a quick recheck of this issue, since I'm unable to reproduce it with both MD and TT GO Nav:nqya5xzyzwrj.png
    8xdbk8gk6hd5.png

Maybe I'm missing some important precondition here.

• eddydc
    Exalted Navigator

Maybe I'm missing some important precondition here.

The house number for Diestsesteenweg seems to be important and how things are used. When I use the POI Hubo. it takes my mentioned (wrong) route.
    But when I use Diestsesteenweg 182 (which is exactly the same address) it uses your route