Zoom level on Android Auto screen — TomTom Community

Zoom level on Android Auto screen

Marek_MkZMarek_MkZ Posts: 46 [Renowned Trailblazer]
Autozoom error which I've described in thread on version 3.0 is still present in version 3.1 (apk sometimes "forgets" about automatic zoom on crossroads/roundabouts after start of driving; changing of the view to route outline and back to 3D navigation view resumes autozoom to proper functioning; also route recalculation helps). I've suspected that it can be connected to longer time for not using of apk but lately I've got many trips one after another and this error appeared many times so it is not the case. Unfortunately, up to now I don't see any regularity - this error appears quite randomly.

Mod edit: This discussion was created from comments split from: GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto!.

Comments

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 338
    Staff
    Marek_MkZ wrote: »
    Autozoom error which I've described in thread on version 3.0 is still present in version 3.1 (apk sometimes "forgets" about automatic zoom on crossroads/roundabouts after start of driving; changing of the view to route outline and back to 3D navigation view resumes autozoom to proper functioning; also route recalculation helps). I've suspected that it can be connected to longer time for not using of apk but lately I've got many trips one after another and this error appeared many times so it is not the case. Unfortunately, up to now I don't see any regularity - this error appears quite randomly.

I remember about this issue, it was also mentioned by @eddydc . We will try to investigate it as soon as possible.
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 97 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    I have also trouble with autozoom I think.
    See attachmend. First it seems to be shrinked, if I tap on the switch view symbol to get first the overview and then I tap again to normal view it is not schrinked anymore. Not such a big issue for me but this looks like a little bug.

For the rest the app is working stable and faster then previous versions, also map downloads/updates are much faster. AA also no problems so far.

I also miss the follow things in AA
    - road numbers/road shields and exit numbers in instruction bord.
    - route bar (with average speed of speedcams).
    - current street
    -full list of all favorites/ recent destinations etc
    -acces to my routes.

I know lots of these things is of Google limitations so I really hope the development can find a way around it or Google gonna allow more in the future for tomtom.
    Compliments so far for the improvements. na6x6zvciog6.jpg
    6agfwfge5ccl.jpg
    u2xcyn2y1a9j.jpg
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,481
    Superusers
    edited May 22
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    See attachmend. First it seems to be shrinked, if I tap on the switch view symbol to get first the overview and then I tap again to normal view it is not schrinked anymore.

Wich zoomlevel have you set? Based to road type or next instruction?
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    See attachmend. First it seems to be shrinked, if I tap on the switch view symbol to get first the overview and then I tap again to normal view it is not schrinked anymore.

Wich zoomlevel have you set? Based to road type or next instruction?

The first option : Based on instruction (zoom in when you needed)
    Staff

I reported this issue for us to investigate it (GONAV-3278).
    I assume that "zoom based on road type" has been selected in settings.
    Staff
    edited May 24
    See attachmend. First it seems to be shrinked, if I tap on the switch view symbol to get first the overview and then I tap again to normal view it is not schrinked anymore. Not such a big issue for me but this looks like a little bug.

For the rest the app is working stable and faster then previous versions, also map downloads/updates are much faster. AA also no problems so far.

- current street
    -acces to my routes.

I know lots of these things is of Google limitations so I really hope the development can find a way around it or Google gonna allow more in the future for tomtom.
    Compliments so far for the improvements. na6x6zvciog6.jpg
    6agfwfge5ccl.jpg
    u2xcyn2y1a9j.jpg

This might be somehow related to this one:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1758427/#Comment_1758427

@rabero1985 , what setting did you have for "Auto map zoom" in Zoom & Orientation screen?

And about following:
    - current street
    -acces to my routes.

We are aware about these AA limitations. All (probably apart from my routes on AA, I'm checking that) are reported in our backlog of improvements.
    edited May 24
    @szachowa
    My settings are zoom in on instructions (more info when you need it)
    And 3d view orientation fo7wb70ae3gs.jpg
  • ckkoenckkoen Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    szachowa wrote: »

I'm having a different issue with the zoom. I'm now using the TomTom app through Android Auto, but I've also still got my TomTom GO 6200 in my car. Although the 6200 has a smaller screen than my car unit, it's showing more road. The TomTom GO app through Android Auto is too zoomed in, and I haven't found a way to make it zoom out. Is this possible or can this be implemented?

Thanks!
  • irina-shkirina-shk Posts: 20
    Staff
    Hi @ckkoen now it's not possible to interact with the map (pan it or zoom), this is a google limitation, we have reported a ticket https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/171715013
    As a workaround we are considering adding zoom buttons, but again it's tricky since google limited a quantity of buttons on the screen. Our interal tikcet GONAV-2479.
  • Marek_MkZMarek_MkZ Posts: 46 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    szachowa wrote: »

Yes - I've got "zoom based on road type" selected in settings