Device login and continue! — TomTom Community

Device login and continue!

This really is irritating.
I have a new GoCamper which is on the verge of being returned to Amazon. Tried the MyDrive on a Mac running Big sir...Total waste of a few hours.
Then fired up windows 10, software installed, connected the gocamper, reassuring beep it found it! Then it asked me to login to the device to add it. The device is already logged in! So event the pessimist I logged out, re-attached the camper, logged in on the device..... And guess what? Constant loop of asking me to press continue and looping back to the start again. Why is the TomTom software so bad? It has not improved, and I am kicking myself in for buying a later model.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,967
    Superuser
    Hi @Drifting

Are you conneting he GO Camper to a PC because you have no or poor Wifi. The Go Camper does all its updating by connecting to your Wifi directly and so does not need a PC. You only need a PC in the case of No Wifi or a slow download speed. When you Connectix to a PC you get a Splash screen saying do it the Quick way. When you get this screen then you do nothing else on the PC but use the menu options on the Camper to Update or Add new items. The connection of the GO Camper to the PC is only to facility access to the internet and there is no tools in My Drive Connect to manage any updating etc on th Camper.

Doug
  • DriftingDrifting Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Doug
    The reason for the question was that I had not actually used it yet, and according to the about both subscriptions for traffic and cameras will run out in a matter of weeks! Was not impressed as I just bought it! Now it says to go to your account for the device, which I can't as it won't allow me to add it ! ARGH!

Paul.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,967
    Superuser
    Hi @Drifting

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up tomorrow and review your units settings on the TT servers and adjust if required. Look back here tomorrow to see what they say.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,902 Moderator
    Hi @Drifting

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram