TomTom sports app claims Bluetooth is not enabled. — TomTom Community

TomTom sports app claims Bluetooth is not enabled.

BeckHaywoodBeckHaywood Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Quote it says “Switch On Bluetooth to connect TomTom device to tomtom sports app on your phone”.
This bug makes it impossible to sync my watch. Any advice would help.

Best Answer

• BeckHaywoodBeckHaywood Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Turns out the issue was apple didint recognize the app so I needed to manually give it Bluetooth privileges in settings.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,312 Moderator
    Hi @BeckHaywood

Welcome to the Community! Is this an iOS/Android App? If you open the mobile app on your Android™ device and it is trying to connect to your watch, you may need to wake up your watch by pressing DOWN from the clock screen. It can take up to 30 seconds to connect to your watch.

Best, lampard
    @lampard Thanks for the response, it’s an iOS app, my operating system is 14.4.2 I have the latest Tom Tom sports app. And my watch is on and waiting for the phone to pair when the app, says Bluetooth is disconnected. If you think a screen shot is nessesary I can post one tomorrow. But it just says what’s in quotes in my previous post. Thanks for any help.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,312 Moderator
    edited May 25
    Hi there,

Can you try the steps below in quoted text by tfarabaugh?
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    You should try to reset the phone connection following these steps. First need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

Let us know how it goes!

Best, lampard
    Accepted Answer
    Turns out the issue was apple didint recognize the app so I needed to manually give it Bluetooth privileges in settings.