"No Route Possible" on TomTom GO App

ssevy
ssevy Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
I have always used the myrouteapp.com to create my routes, then saved them to MyDrive, allowing me to load them into the My Routes tab in my TomTom GO app on my Android phone. Everything worked perfectly, and the TomTom GO app was always great. Now when I load routes, I click on them as usual, but always get the "No Route Possible" message.
Is there a fix for this, or another route planner I can use to make my routes which the TomTom GO app can then navigate?
Thank you

Comments

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,728
    Superuser
    Have you installed all the maps that are required for the route, including ferries?
    Do you see that even on small routes e.g. around your own city
  • ssevy
    Apprentice Traveler
    yes, the entire US is installed, including ferries.
    I just made a short local route and it seems to work?
  • Lochfrass
    Superuser
    Strange.
    Then I could imagine a waypoint on an impassable or closed road.
  • ssevy
    Apprentice Traveler
    Routes that I have used in the past do not work now, so I do not think impassable or closed roads are the issue?
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    Hi @ssevy , there can be some other factors that can cause no route possible message.

Would it be possible to share the route that causes this issue? Otherwise it will be very hard for us to check it.
  • ssevy
    Apprentice Traveler
    I just posted a route called "szachowa Day 1 west testing route" in mydrive.
  • szachowa
    ssevy wrote: »
    I just posted a route called "szachowa Day 1 west testing route" in mydrive.

Hi @ssevy , you can share link to this route on my drive via private message.
  • szachowa
    Reported GONAV-3285 (our internal ticket for tracking), since it will take a while to check it.
  • Lochfrass
    Superuser
    What happens if you only plan your tour from starting Point up to this point?
    Somehow my stomach says that the ferries could be the problem
    gd3mq7mubey7.png
  • szachowa
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    What happens if you only plan your tour from starting Point up to this point?
    Somehow my stomach says that the ferries could be the problem
    gd3mq7mubey7.png

I will try to check it today, nice @Lochfrass , thank you!
  • szachowa
    Hi @ssevy , I'm unable to reproduce this issue,

Please take a look:
    pqy4yhju63ue.gif

Please make sure to download NY and PA states.
  • ssevy
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you. I had previously loaded all of the maps, but now I have deleted the app and then reinstalled and reloaded the maps, and it is working. Perhaps there were map updates that did not get loaded, or maybe the files were somehow corrupted?
    Again, many thanks for your help!
  • Hwalker2
    Hwalker2 Registered Users Posts: 20
    Master Explorer
    I just had the same problem in the UK. Just had a new tomtomgo sent from Tom tom
    Installed a the updates and nothing works. Always it says no route possible.
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 560
    Revered Pioneer
    edited August 2021
    Route planned long time ago in MyDrive and was working all the time.
    Hamburg <> Kopenhagen.
    Changing the route, Syncing and Resyncing/Send to my device was never a problem.

Last week I had also a "Route not possible" when starting in Hamburg
    A popup appears presenting "Route not possible" after installing the presented complete TT-map size 1.5 GB.

Possible caused by outdated maps for EU-ferries or Denmark?
    Installing EU-ferries map is a must when using the shortest route.
    After removing/reinstalling these 2 detailled maps all went good again.

@szachowa
    Would You please discuss this with the TT-team:

It would be nice to have a shorttime popup-warning for downloaded maps but in outdated state when starting the TT GO Navigation.

Many Thanks and Best Regards.
    MUP

csk2slt8k0nj.png

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Hi @MUP

The European ferries doesn’t just do Ferries and it is a must for many parts of Denmark even if Ferries are not involved.

Doug
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 560
    Revered Pioneer
    Just deleted the 3-part maps for ferries completely and restartet the app.
    So I can also travel from Hamburg to Kopenhagen via the northern part in the map mentioned in the screenshot above via highways and bridges.

No problem with no ferries maps installed to go to Denmark from Germany.
    Only the route imported earlier from MyDrive is still presenting "No route possible", because ferries were planned.
  • szachowa
    MUP wrote: »
    Route planned long time ago in MyDrive and was working all the time.
    Hamburg <> Kopenhagen.
    Changing the route, Syncing and Resyncing/Send to my device was never a problem.

Last week I had also a "Route not possible" when starting in Hamburg
    A popup appears presenting "Route not possible" after installing the presented complete TT-map size 1.5 GB.

Possible caused by outdated maps for EU-ferries or Denmark?
    Installing EU-ferries map is a must when using the shortest route.
    After removing/reinstalling these 2 detailled maps all went good again.

@szachowa
    Would You please discuss this with the TT-team:

It would be nice to have a shorttime popup-warning for downloaded maps but in outdated state when starting the TT GO Navigation.

Many Thanks and Best Regards.
    MUP

csk2slt8k0nj.png

Hi, we have this improvement logged in our backlog. At the moment I'm unable to provide any dates. We track it internally under GONAV-250.
  • szachowa
    MUP wrote: »
    Just deleted the 3-part maps for ferries completely and restartet the app.
    So I can also travel from Hamburg to Kopenhagen via the northern part in the map mentioned in the screenshot above via highways and bridges.

No problem with no ferries maps installed to go to Denmark from Germany.
    Only the route imported earlier from MyDrive is still presenting "No route possible", because ferries were planned.

Hi @MUP, is it enough to try with a track Hamburg <> Kopenhagen from MyDrive?
    There is a chance that this is related to the bug that has been recently fixed (not released yet) about "No route possible" when having online routing enabled.