How do I find out if I am in subscription for speed cameras? — TomTom Community

How do I find out if I am in subscription for speed cameras?

'My Content' in my account shows that I have Life Time Speed Camera Updates Europe but that United Kingdom is not installed. I get the UK is no longer part of Europe so does that mean I now have to pay a subscription to get Speed Camera updates for the UK?

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,906 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Cozzie
    The updates for speed cameras are released twice every week(Tuesday and Thursday)

Next time you see an update offered on your TomTom, try the steps below:
    (Device should be connected to the internet over the Wi-Fi)

Main menu- Settings - Updates and new Items - Tap on 'Speed Camera update'

On the next screen you will see the list of countries for which the updates are offered.
    UK should be listed.

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 761 [Revered Pioneer]
    is europe or uk map installed
  • CozzieCozzie Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland map is installed
    Hi @Cozzie
    Welcome to the community! A different subscription should not be required to receive speed camera updates for the UK.

I am not sure if this is a bug related to the MyDrive Connect interface but just to confirm, when you see the updates(speed cameras) offered on the device could you just select United Kingdom and install?

Thanks, Vikram
    Thanks Vikram, unfortunately when I select United Kingdom and install, it takes me to a page that says update over wifi direct to device, but my device shows there are no updates to install.
    I've just found the answer I think - on my device > settings > About - shows Speed Camera Updates is Activated. I guess what I can't tell is whether that includes UK or not.
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Cozzie
    The updates for speed cameras are released twice every week(Tuesday and Thursday)

Next time you see an update offered on your TomTom, try the steps below:
    (Device should be connected to the internet over the Wi-Fi)

Main menu- Settings - Updates and new Items - Tap on 'Speed Camera update'

On the next screen you will see the list of countries for which the updates are offered.
    UK should be listed.

Thanks, Vikram
    Many thanks @VikramK - I just followed your instructions and UK was listed as one of the countries for which the speed camera update is available so am updating now!!
    Really appreciate everyone's help with this!!
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    @Cozzie can you please inform me if you can pick up Mobile locations at all?
    I'm having the issue of most if not all Mobile locations not showing up even though all my settings are for this to happen.

All Static, Average and Red Light cameras show up and alarm out as normal but since around February after buying a new Premium X they have all vanished.
    Hi @DJSheridan I haven't actually used my Sat Nav in over a year, but am planning on using it over the summer so wanted to make sure I had updated it fully before using again. I can certainly keep an eye out to see if it picks up mobile locations once I start using it again.
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    @Cozzie makes sure you do not leave it too long as the subscriptions can be stopped :)