TomTom 5000 Update has corrupted my Device - Now Broken — TomTom Community

TomTom 5000 Update has corrupted my Device - Now Broken

Update has corrupted my map/device.
My TomTom was working fine, but during the latest upgrade, I got a message saying "...device not responding..." - disconnect and reconnect etc. Went through this procedure and tried to update again with the same error messages. When I power up the device it says no Maps Available. I have watched the help videos and tried to both delete the Map and Repair the Map - all that happens its I get a spinning wheel for a couple of minutes, and then "...device not responding...". I have soft re-booted the device. My Drive can see the device when I first connect - it reads that the Map is corrupted, shows that the device memory is nearly full (2MB available), but whatever I choose to do, the device says its updating and then it get the message on MyDrive that "...device not responding...".
Using the automated help just sends me in the same circle - and I cannot phone anybody for help.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Owen

Best Answer

• YevhenYevhen Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks rider1rider - problem solved.

Just for info - if anybody has similar problem - this is what I did.

The "Empty downloads folder" in settings was greyed out. So I went to:
    C:\Users\my name\AppData\Local\TomTom\HOME3\cache
    ... there was one 1KB file in that directory. Deleted. Restarted computer etc.
    MyDrive didn't recognise SD card (not happened before). Ejected card - reinserted - recognised.
    Started download of map onto SD card, MyDrive says downloading, Device did not have "downloading" on screen (just "your connected to computer"). After two/three minutes, got screen message requesting to allow log files to be stored on PC. Clicked "allow" - download worked.
    Not sure if the issue was the "cache" or "log files" - but it's working fine.

Thanks

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 911 [Revered Pioneer]
    clear cache mydrive connect then try
  • YevhenYevhen Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks rider1rider - problem solved.

Just for info - if anybody has similar problem - this is what I did.

The "Empty downloads folder" in settings was greyed out. So I went to:
    C:\Users\my name\AppData\Local\TomTom\HOME3\cache
    ... there was one 1KB file in that directory. Deleted. Restarted computer etc.
    MyDrive didn't recognise SD card (not happened before). Ejected card - reinserted - recognised.
    Started download of map onto SD card, MyDrive says downloading, Device did not have "downloading" on screen (just "your connected to computer"). After two/three minutes, got screen message requesting to allow log files to be stored on PC. Clicked "allow" - download worked.
    Not sure if the issue was the "cache" or "log files" - but it's working fine.

Thanks