GO600 not recognising address — TomTom Community

GO600 not recognising address

Normally this particular address post code is recognised in ‘My Places’ and produces a route straight away, but the last couple of days when we have been out and about and tried to set the same route it is coming up with ‘no route detected’

I might understand it if we were in the outback of Mongolia, but we are in the South of the UK.

It appears to be just this one route that is not being recognised. I tried deleting and reinstalling the postcode which brought up a different address which seems strange. I also checked the post code via the post office website which showed it as correct.

Any ideas please

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 911 [Revered Pioneer]
    did you select full map or try reset
  • marchendmarchend Posts: 136 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    I did as I normally do, go to My Places, locate the saved address and click on it. It then normally loads and comes up with ‘Drive’ and then ‘Let’s Go’, but now it just says ‘Unable to plan route’ or words to that affect for this one particular address that normally loads fine.

When you say ‘try reset’ what do you mean, reset as in reset the Satnav to factory settings. In which case would I then lose all my saved addresses?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,214
    Superuser
    Hi @marchand

If you go to the My Drive webpage and log into the account you use on the GO600 if you see all the My Places. My routes andante 3rd party POI files you have loaded on the device then when you do a Factory Reset they should be synced back onto the device once you have set it up and it logs into the account.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,621
    Superusers
    edited May 24
    Hi
    @marchend
    When you enter Postcodes on Tomtom devices, you DO NOT use the 'Space' character in the middle of the Postcode....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • marchendmarchend Posts: 136 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited May 24
    Hi @YamFazMan

I tried that, and it makes no difference if you use a gap between the post code or not.