TomTom Traffic not working. — TomTom Community

TomTom Traffic not working.

The TomTom Live Traffic is failing. It will work when I first switch the device on and plan a route, but not long after I have set on on that route, Live Traffic fails and I get the crossed out car icon on the display.
When I check settings, it tells me GPRS is not connected. That is the mobile data service (2G) I believe.

I have tried factory resetting my device but issue remains.

It does say subscription is active, but there is still no connection to the TomTom Live Traffic data.

Answers

• petje60petje60 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited May 24
    Maybe hold on / off button until it reboots again.
    That sometimes helps. I also do that when the sound no longer works or is slowly looking for addresses. I have a GO 5200

Mod edit: Machine translated (Dutch)
  • JemTheWireJemTheWire Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, but I have already tried that.

The issue remains.
  • Dennis359753Dennis359753 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    I am having the same insures with my Go Premium. I can not get traffic on at all I have tried a full reset and soft reset still no joy. I have a Go 5000 as well I have no problems with that one is there anyone who can help
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited June 2
    @JemTheWire Not sure why that is - but sometimes the satellites go off-line... but it should work.
    Are you sure you are logged into your account via the device? I found on my previous 5200 that it sometimes logged me out after an update.
    But you must ensure you have logged in on your device with your email and password... otherwise the Live Services will not work.

@Dennis359753
    I have the Premium X and no issues with GPS so far.
    My problem is the Speed Camera Database is not loading up Mobile locations... other than that it works fine!

Unless there is a huge issue with the new devices.

Perhaps @lampard or @VikramK might be able to offer assistance in the morning.
    DJSheridan wrote: »
    @JemTheWire Not sure why that is - but sometimes the satellites go off-line... but it should work.

@Dennis359753
    I have the Premium X and no issues with GPS so far.
    My problem is the Speed Camera Database is not loading up Mobile locations... other than that it works fine!

Unless there is a huge issue with the new devices.

Perhaps @lampard or @VikramK might be able to offer assistance in the morning.

I hope so
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    @Dennis359753
    Just to check have you logged into your account via your device? If you have not logged in with your email and password the Live Services will not work.
    @Dennis359753
    Just to check have you logged into your account via your device? If you have not logged in with your email and password the Live Services will not work.

Yes, I have logged in. MYDrive is connected. When I go into Settings then About it says Traffic and Speed Camera Updates are Activated
    @Dennis359753

Thanks for your help DJ