Rider 2013 Lifetime speed Camera Subscription - has something changed? — TomTom Community

Rider 2013 Lifetime speed Camera Subscription - has something changed?

4Time4Time Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
Hi my TomTom Rider 2013 has been working perfectly since I last had the much appreciated help to resolve the clock issue via this forum. Once this was fixed I was once again able to download new maps and speed camera updates with no issues.

Recently I have noted that I am no longer getting the speed camera updates and was offered speed cameras as an additional subscription. I am still getting the maps OK and have just successfully downloaded Europe_West v1070.10874 . I thought the maps and speed cameras were subscription for life - has something changed?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,972
    Superuser
    Hi @4Time

Let us see what @VikramK or @lampard have to say after they have reviewed your units settings on the TT Servers. Look back here tomorrow to see what they say.

Doug
  • 4Time4Time Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi Doug, Thank you for your reply, I will check back to see what they say.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,908 Moderator
    Hi @4Time
    Your TomTom RIDER comes with map updates for the lifetime of the device.
    Speed cameras service is not a part of lifetime package.

To continue getting speed camera alerts, the device will need an active subscription.

Regards, Vikram
  • 4Time4Time Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi Vikram, thank you for your response, prompt as always. Unfortunately not the answer I was hoping for :-(

I have had camera updates for so long - I had understood it must have been part of the original subscription, apparently not? Maybe I should be happy for the time I had them!

I have been thinking of getting a 550 with the TomTom discount offered - but concerned to learn about the reported thread "TomTom Rider 550 locked during Wifi update, unable to recover" I will follow with interest to see how this is resolved.

For Info
    When I log on to my TomTom account it shows me my current rider 2013 and offers a discount to upgrade - unfortunately when I select this, it then offers me only GO units and not the Rider - presumably an error that I could get resolved if I did decide to proceed with purchasing the a NEW 550.