Maps will not load — TomTom Community

Maps will not load

Mariner1960Mariner1960 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
Running App on Xaomi Note 9 . Maps do not load unless app is launched manually on the phone first. All requested permissions set . Any advice?

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,312 Moderator
    Hi @Mariner1960

Welcome to the Community! Can you please check the below settings and test the app again?
    • Long-press Amigo App Icon -> click App Info -> Scroll to Battery Saver -> Choose No Restriction
    • Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery Manager > Power plan is set to Performance
    • Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery Manager > Protected apps – AmiGO needs to be Protected
    Best, lampard
  • Mariner1960Mariner1960 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    There are no restriction on battery use for the app. But instill need to manually start the app on the phone first. Even though autostart Is also set
    Anyone else having this issue?
  • meerneermeerneer Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I had the same issue.
    It looks like this problem was solved after switching Power Plan to Performance.
    See link for instructions
    https://www.allaboutxiaomi.com/how-to-turn-on-performance-mode-in-miui-xiaomi-devices/

Hope this works for you as well. Please keep me informed ;)
    Thanks but unfortunately the suggested apps do not work with the latest miui. I cannot find a way of setting performance mode.
    Hi Mariner1960,
    I also got the notion the app was not fit for the latest Android version. Still it works like described at the site in the link.
    Please try and you will succeed!
    Didn't work for me I am afraid. I did find an app that let me set performanceode but this still didn't resolve the issue. I have to start the app manually on the phone first. I do have autostart enabled.
    TomTom please respond
  • SanderGSanderG Posts: 4
    Staff
    Hi @Mariner1960
    If I understand your issue correctly, the normal app starts the maps shows up correctly but using the Automatic start (through a Bluetooth device) doesn't? I do wonder what you see, the normal UI but without any map? Maybe you could upload a screenshot?

Have you tried all solutions mentioned on this website? https://dontkillmyapp.com/xiaomi

Is location permission for AmiGO set to "Allow all the time"?

Hope this is helpful.
    I will check the settings and let you know. The issue is as you you outlined. I see the normal UI but instead of a map a see A bluescreen with the speed set at 0mph
  • SanderGSanderG Posts: 4
    Staff
    A blue screen could also indicate the app is not getting any GPS locations, if that is the case the app thinks you are latitude/longitude 0,0 (for the coast of Ghana). You could verify this by zooming out (pinch-to-zoom)
    It is working now. I am not sure which of the additional permissions fixed it. Thanks for your help.