GO 5000 not recognising my 32gb micro sd card — TomTom Community

GO 5000 not recognising my 32gb micro sd card

GO 5000 not recognising my 32gb micro sd card. I have formatted it using my laptop. But there is no prompt to format from the device

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Ejudu
    Welcome to the community! Your device comes with world maps. Could you try adding a smaller map like Venezuela using MyDrive Connect first.
    Please do not keep the memory card inserted during this process.

Once the map is installed then insert the card; the device should prompt you to format it.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,614
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Ejudu
    Welcome to the site....
    The Format must be FAT32 for Tomtom devices....

Stay Safe ATB YFM
  • EjuduEjudu Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for replying. The format was FAT32 as stipulated. Still not working!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,200
    Superuser
    Hi @Ejudu

If you go to System in Settings does the Format memory Card option work?

Doug
    The device is not going past the "No Maps Available" screen so can't access the menu.

Thanks.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,614
    Superusers
    edited May 22
    Hi
    @Ejudu
    Ejudu wrote: »
    The device is not going past the "No Maps Available" screen so can't access the menu (Snip)
    Important Catch22....
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... The Map size now exceeds the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices, this is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9GB
    See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

On Monday @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should allocate a small local map to your Account to act as a 'Keeper' to force the Main Map to install on the SDHC Memory card....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thanks guys, hopefully that should solve the issue.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,145 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Ejudu
    Welcome to the community! Your device comes with world maps. Could you try adding a smaller map like Venezuela using MyDrive Connect first.
    Please do not keep the memory card inserted during this process.

Once the map is installed then insert the card; the device should prompt you to format it.

Regards, Vikram
    Thank you. Problem solved.
  • bloolampbloolamp Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    have tried this with various micro sd cards but cannot get tomtom to format it tomtom has theoption to format but to do this you have to add sd card to tomtom which i have done but nothing happens
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,950
    Superuser
    @bloolamp

You must first do a "slow" 32Fat format on your computer before putting it in your device, then do a soft reset, for the device to ask if it is to format the card