Cannot delete a route in Go app or sync new ones

MRusky
MRusky Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
I just updated to Go 2.6 for iOS. Like others I am excited to use the new My Routes feature but I've run into two problems.

After deleting all my routes from My Drive there is still one route remaining in the Go app. Edit List button does not work. I unsynced the Go app from My Drive and it asked if I wanted to delete all local content, to which I said Yes. I then resynced to My Drive and the route reappears. I reinstalled Go app on my phone--same result. I installed the Go app on my iPad--same result, so route is definitely coming from My Drive and not local. But it does not show up in My Drive on phone or web site.

Second problem is that new routes I add to My Drive do not appear in My Routes in Go app.

Comments

• Ilfabrizio
    Ilfabrizio Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited November 2021
    I have the same problem
    Mod: machine translated from Italian

stesso problema anche io
  • Coling1974
    Coling1974 Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    I’ve created routes using the my drive app, synced across my devices. But for some reason the Go mobile app is showing old route's as well. There is that Many it won’t add new routes. Go Mobile now has 35 routes. My drive has 15 saved on it.
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,205
    Community Manager
    Are there routes that you created on the iPhone? If you tap Edit List at the bottom of My Routes you should be able to delete routes that have been created on the phone and not in MyDrive.
  • Coling1974
    Master Explorer
    Thank you for the reply. All the routes were created using the my drive app. The edit list button is greyed out. So unable to delete them that way.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Routes created in MyDrive can only be deleted in MyDrive, not in the GO Navigation app. Can you try MyDrive in a browser on a desktop / laptop computer?
  • Coling1974
    Master Explorer
    I’ve tried MyDrive on a browser. I’ve even tried it in beta mode. Still not showing all the routes on the GO app.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    And on your phone all routes are shown with an arrow that has three dots (created in MyDrive)?
  • Coling1974
    Master Explorer
    Yes, all have 3 dots and an arrow.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    I need to check internally, I'm lost with this one. :o
  • Coling1974
    Master Explorer
    Ok cheers.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    What happens if you add a new route on the browser/my drive app. Does the new route sync and the old routes still remain?
  • Coling1974
    Master Explorer
    It wouldn’t sync a new route. I’ve un checked the sync button on all my saved routes, they have gone from GO app, but it is still showing 20 old routes. But now it will let me add new route.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Can you sign out and back in on both sides, MyDrive and TomTom Services in the app?
  • Coling1974
    Master Explorer
    Yes, I can sign in and out no problems. Apart from the old routes still being there
  • jures
    jures Registered Users Posts: 102
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Same problem. Been trying to explain this ti support for past 2 weeks, no result
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,834
    Superuser
    edited November 2021
    Hi @jures

In the Go App you can only delete Routes from My Routes that have been created in the App which are the ones with a solid shafted Arrow against them in the list. If you want to delete a Route that has been created elsewhere and Synced to the App then you need to go to the My Drive App or Website and delete it there so that when you restart the Go App the latest list of My Routes is loaded.

To get the My Routes list etc to appear in the Go App then check to ensure it is logged into the My Drive Account in the Apps Tomtom Services.

Be aware that Routes created in the Go App and saved in the My Routes folder will, like those created on a PND, will not be synced back to your account.

Doug
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    I merged the two threads about this.

Just to be sure:
    • Routes you're trying to delete from MyDrive show in the app with three dots, not a static line?
    • You cannot add a new route using MyDrive web or app?
  • MRusky
    MRusky Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    I still have one route that is stuck on my phone that I cannot delete. This route has three dots, just like all the other routes in the list. This route existed in MyDrive long before I bought the Go phone app. It no longer appears in MyDrive (I deleted it from there). It does not appear on my GPS unit (GO 52). This appears to be backend corruption in MyDrive (half deleted: not visible in UI but still exists).

I discovered a workaround for my other problem of routes not syncing from MyDrive to my phone. I create my routes in MRA RoutePlanner (MyRoute-app) and then send them to MyDrive. Before I bought the Go app I was using a GPS unit. The routes just appeared on the GPS unit when I turned it on. I never even logged into MyDrive. This is my new process.
    1. Create route in MRA RoutePlanner.
    2. Within MRA RoutePlanner, save route to MyDrive.
    3. This is the workaround: Log into MyDrive, open the route, and toggle "Sync this route..." button off, then on.
    4. Route now appears in Go app.
    I assume this extra step is necessary because the route was imported into MyDrive rather than being created there originally. But like I said, this step is not necessary to get the route to appear on a TomTom GPS unit.
  • Herko_ter_Horst
    Herko_ter_Horst Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Traveler
    I also had an issue with a route that had been deleted in MyDrive, but still kept appearing in the TomTom Go app (and also on my TomTom Go 520 device, but I was able to delete it there). Note that adding new routes worked fine, it was just the one route that was stuck.

WARNING: this procedure will delete ALL your data from MyDrive, use with CAUTION.

I finally had to go to Settings -> MyDrive -> Clear Data in MyDrive on the web (https://mydrive.tomtom.com/). After that, I signed out and logged in again in the app and the route that was previously 'stuck' was gone (along with all other routes and places, of course).
This discussion has been closed.