Installation problem with update NB1 Live, how can I solve the missing jdk file? — TomTom Community

Installation problem with update NB1 Live, how can I solve the missing jdk file?

NijreesNijrees Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Here also the same problem with a missing so called jdk file. Can't solve it myself. Does anyone already have find a solution? Just payed 60 euro and the installation on my macbook isn't going well because of a missing jdk file. In dutch: "Er moet een ondersteunde versie van JDK beschikbaar zijn op jouw computer om TomTom HOME te kunnen installeren voor gebruik".
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,908 Moderator
    Hi @Nijrees
    Welcome to the community!
    Could you try the below steps and let us know if it works?

Uninstalling JDK completely on a Mac computer where installation fails due to higher JDK version.

1. Open Terminal (Finder -> Applications -> Terminal).
    2. Paste “sudo rm -rf /Library/Java/*” and press Enter Key.
    3. Enter system password and press Enter key.
    4. Paste "sudo rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/Java*" and press Enter key.
    5. Paste "sudo rm -rf /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/Java*" and press Enter key.
    6. Reinstall TomTom HOME from TomTomHOME2mac.dmg.

Thanks, Vikram
  • NijreesNijrees Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Vikram, Thank you for your suggestion but it didn't help me. Never worked before with Terminal btw, I had to change/upgrade it to "zsh" and then I get the comment: no matches found: /Library/Java/* and the Tom Tom installation still wants to have the higher jdk file..
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,908 Moderator
    Hi @Nijrees
    I would recommend that you report this to our customer service team. Also please mention the Mac OS and version.

~ Vikram
  • NijreesNijrees Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    the TomTom website is rather complex VikramK, when you can give me the email adress I will do it. Thanks for answering