Do all TT devices use the same connection system? — TomTom Community

Do all TT devices use the same connection system?

I have a TT6200 which is now out of date. I intend to replace it but the mounting in my vehicle is hard wired and cannot be changed with out a lot of problem. I need the replacement device to have the same docking socket so I can use it.
Are all new TT devices using the same socket mechanism and if not which are?
thanks.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,972
    Superuser
    edited May 18
    Hi @ricksareen

Not sure why you think the GO6200 is out of date. The latest model range are the GO Discover units which do not have the ability to add 3rd party POI files. Whilst the 5" and 6" units utilise the same mount as the GO6200 the 7' unit mount is different and also the 3 sizes are supplied with a higher rated Power Adapter at 5v 2.4 Amp and the USB cable also has a higher current rating.

Doug
  • ricksareenricksareen Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks; I will check as I am getting emails from TT saying my unit is out of date but they might be referring to the last one I had which was the 510 I think.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,972
    Superuser
    Hi @ricksareen

The GO Discover units use a different Map format which have weekly map updates . The units do not have an inbuilt mobile sim or the handsfree facility and require the pairing of a Mobile Phone for Traffic etc.

Doug
  • ricksareenricksareen Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks.