GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto! - Page 4 — TomTom Community

GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto!

124»

Comments

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 457
    Staff
    GrzesB wrote: »
    Is TomTom using in car GPS or mobile phone's?

Any chance to get road numbers on the map?

Hi @GrzesB , GPS has been already discussed on this forum. We are relying on phone's GPS. There is feature request reported to google to improve this.
    Any chance to get road numbers on the map?

Could you please provide more info about this? We are showing road numbers on the map, at least according to my knowledge. We are currently not showing road numbers in next instruction panel displayed on AA head unit.
  • doublempdoublemp Posts: 15 [Master Explorer]
    Giuseppe68 wrote: »
    I have 3.1.0 but it is not seen by AA why ??

Same here. TomTom Go version 3.1.0, Android Auto version version 6.4.611714-release. AA only offers Google Maps and Waze as navigation options. Any ideas?
  • Derek_Brice489Derek_Brice489 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have just one problem with android auto. My favourite places only show a few on the car screen.
  • Bakkie25Bakkie25 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I,ve installed tomtom go gps on my car infotainment system. Works fine but there is one thing i discovered. When i use tomtom go in the background with radio on it works great; all the signals and spoken maneuvers are reported via radio. But when i use tomtom go in the foreground with radio or music on in the background there is a problem that at the time a spoken maneuver was issued by tomtom go, the radio/music signal is muted and REMAINS muted. In my opinion this is a tomtom go problem because the original installed navigation app on my infotainment system, IGO Primo works fine in all of the mentioned situations. So i hope this issue wil be solved and i can use the tomtom go app permanently because it's so much etter than IGO Primo.
  • MUPMUP Posts: 379 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited June 10
    @Derek_Brice489
    That's limited by Google's AA-API.
    AA-Issue tracker entry was set in spring this year.

@Bakkie25
    Mine works fine with VOLVO Sensus 2020 + Pixel 4 XL Android 11 incl all patches until today.

A spoken TT-Go maneuvre is not completely muting the radio music, but TT-Amigo does.
    At the end of the man. the radio-music remains back with loudness as before.
    I have set the output channel to music.

So just try another Audio- output channel in settings of the TT-App.

As I know GMaps is also operating with Audio-music
    Is that working at your car's head unit successfully?

• Bakkie25Bakkie25 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    MUP wrote: »
    @Derek_Brice489
    That's limited by Google's AA-API.
    AA-Issue tracker entry was set in spring this year.

@Bakkie25
    Mine works fine with VOLVO Sensus 2020 + Pixel 4 XL Android 11 incl all patches until today.

A spoken TT-Go maneuvre is not completely muting the radio music, but TT-Amigo does.
    At the end of the man. the radio-music remains back with loudness as before.
    I have set the output channel to music.

So just try another Audio- output channel in settings of the TT-App.

As I know GMaps is also operating with Audio-music
    Is that working at your car's head unit successfully?
    @M
    The audio output channel i use is Music already. About Gmaps: don'f want to use it. Thank you for your help, i appriciate it.
  • Robert1954Robert1954 Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    doublemp wrote: »

Same here. TomTom Go version 3.1.0, Android Auto version version 6.4.611714-release. AA only offers Google Maps and Waze as navigation options. Any ideas?

@doublemp: you have to add the TomTom Go app to the main screen of Android Auto. You do this to open Android Auto in the settings of your smartphone. Then you choose adjusting the Launcher. Tick the box behind TomTom Go and the app will be shown on your car screen. (restart of Android Auto required).
  • AmirMhmdAmirMhmd Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I have a question
    When you have an address added to navigate to
    Normally on the mobile app you can click on the navigation arrow then you can zoom out/ in our move the map but on the AA in the car you can't do that?
  • jkubljkubl Posts: 13 [Master Explorer]
    Hello, I have a question. When the official version of TT Go for android car was released. What should I use the official or beta version for? Thank you
    Staff
    doublemp wrote: »

Hi, what do you mean by saying ""navigation options"?
    Please check https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134872/app-doesnt-appear-in-android-auto-launcher , since this might be known limitation of AA.
    Staff
    edited June 14
    Bakkie25 wrote: »
    I,ve installed tomtom go gps on my car infotainment system. Works fine but there is one thing i discovered. When i use tomtom go in the background with radio on it works great; all the signals and spoken maneuvers are reported via radio. But when i use tomtom go in the foreground with radio or music on in the background there is a problem that at the time a spoken maneuver was issued by tomtom go, the radio/music signal is muted and REMAINS muted. In my opinion this is a tomtom go problem because the original installed navigation app on my infotainment system, IGO Primo works fine in all of the mentioned situations. So i hope this issue wil be solved and i can use the tomtom go app permanently because it's so much etter than IGO Primo.

Thank you for providing us more info about this issue. We have seen it on this forum already being reported by few other users. We have GONAV-3280 (internal ticket) reported for us to investigate it further, I will add your observations there.
    Staff
    I have just one problem with android auto. My favourite places only show a few on the car screen.

Known limitation of Google library that we use for Android Auto. Please search this forum for more information.
    Staff
    AmirMhmd wrote: »
    I have a question
    When you have an address added to navigate to
    Normally on the mobile app you can click on the navigation arrow then you can zoom out/ in our move the map but on the AA in the car you can't do that?

This is currently limitation of Android Auto car library that we use. Please search this forum for more info about this functionality missing.
    It is reported to google here: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/171715013
    Staff
    jkubl wrote: »
    Hello, I have a question. When the official version of TT Go for android car was released. What should I use the official or beta version for? Thank you

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1135300/official-version-of-android-auto
  • Richard6666666Richard6666666 Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Missing 3 items in TomTom Go AA,

Roadnumbers for provencial roads and highways,
    f76u673lk9dl.jpg
    Report Button for Speedcams Flitsmeister has it,
    65lmsfw8odpn.jpg
    And most important the trafficbar,
    3yebapi72plj.jpg

Richard

Staff
    Missing 3 items in TomTom Go AA,

Roadnumbers for provencial roads and highways,
    f76u673lk9dl.jpg
    Report Button for Speedcams Flitsmeister has it,
    65lmsfw8odpn.jpg
    And most important the trafficbar,
    3yebapi72plj.jpg

Richard

Road numbers - we have it reported as an improvement for the future (GONAV-446, internal ticket)

Report speedcams - future improvement (GONAV-2478)

Route bar - reported in GONAV-2307, but we are also investigating other solutions to the problem of missing route bar. As discussed before, we are limited what can be done because of the Car App library that we use from Google.
  • mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,151 [Revered Voyager]
    Hello Mr @szachowa,
    so that there is a better overview, it would be very nice if the tickets were collected at the top!

-Report speedcams - future improvement (GONAV-2478)

-Route bar - reported in GONAV-2307

-Road numbers - (GONAV-446)

-to implement the music (GONAV-3280) not sure?

-GPS

-

Staff
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    Hello Mr @szachowa,
    so that there is a better overview, it would be very nice if the tickets were collected at the top!

-Report speedcams - future improvement (GONAV-2478)

-Route bar - reported in GONAV-2307

-Road numbers - (GONAV-446)

-to implement the music (GONAV-3280) not sure?

-GPS

-

GONAV-3280 - is internal ticket to track complaints that we get about the music/radio being cut off (or volume decreased) after hearing navigation instructions. At the moment we are investigating what can we do to collect more data (logs) to fix this problem.

About GPS -> could you please remind which issue exactly?
  • mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,151 [Revered Voyager]
    szachowa wrote: »

I think it was more of a google topic.
    -the use of the GPS signal from the car and not from the mobile phone

Staff
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    szachowa wrote: »

I think it was more of a google topic.
    -the use of the GPS signal from the car and not from the mobile phone

- GPS - we don't track it internally, it is reported to Google here: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/179694573
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,597 Moderator
    edited June 23
    Hi there,

I've closed this thread for new replies. If you've any questions/feedback about Android Auto, you can always ask a new one or create a topic.

Best, lampard

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0