GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto! — TomTom Community

GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto!

JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,427
Community Manager
We have started rolling out 3.1 of the GO Navigation app and it should soon be available to 100% of users.
  • The wait is over! Introducing Android Auto compatibility

Comments

• ckkoenckkoen Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited May 18
    Awesome, hope we can test it soon! Thx for the update, @Jürgen!
  • AmirMhmdAmirMhmd Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    That's great , i can't wait to get this and test it
    Are we getting this update on Tomtom Go version or Tomtom NDS navigation, as i have the beta on Tomtom navigation not Tomtom Go?
  • MUPMUP Posts: 255 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Thank you so much TT-Team :+1:
  • ajlee777ajlee777 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Great news. Can't wait to use it!
  • mareceqmareceq Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I got it today and I'm really impressed. Works fine.
    I love the functionality of two separated screens. On car screen I can see the view for a driver. In the same time co-driver on the phone screen can do everything in the app (e.g. finding another way or checking any POIs on the road etc.)
  • Giuseppe68Giuseppe68 Posts: 75 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    sorry who and beta testers have to leave the feedeback here ??
  • QPRVQPRV Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks!
  • Giuseppe68Giuseppe68 Posts: 75 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited May 18
    I have 3.1.0 but it is not seen by AA why ??
    need to connect to car as first connection after it is seen by AA
  • digital3540digital3540 Posts: 57 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited May 18
    when I select a new destination I cannot see how long it will take me to drive.
    I can see the arrival time and the distance, but not the time it will take. I can see this when I select drive on the AA screen, would be nice to have this in the overview before driving
  • KarmannKarmann Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    We have started rolling out 3.1 of the GO Navigation app and it should soon be available to 100% of users.
    • The wait is over! Introducing Android Auto compatibility

Congrats to the team from TT. You have entered a new milestone, fantastic job.
    Can't wait to see how it behaves on my AA unit tomorrow.
  • Neal-tom57Neal-tom57 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Really like Tom Tom go on my car Android head unit, works well but it’s a pain to have to manually switch it to 3D mode every time I start it or after ending a route. Is there any way of fixing this.
    I have used Sygic on the same head unit and that switches to 3D maps as soon as the car is moving, so it is doable or at least an option to start it in 3D mode
  • Phil_JonesPhil_Jones Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi
    Are there plans to be able to sync My Routes created in My Drive Desktop to work in TomTom Go Android Auto? If so, what is the rough timescale....
  • KarmannKarmann Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    edited May 19
    Phil_Jones wrote: »
    Hi
    Are there plans to be able to sync My Routes created in My Drive Desktop to work in TomTom Go Android Auto? If so, what is the rough timescale....

My Drive does indeed upload the route to My Routes, on TomTom Go or TomTom Navigation apps. Maybe you forgot to manually sync the new route on My Drive desktop to all your systems.
  • FrupFrup Posts: 17 [Legendary Explorer]
    I am very happy with this AA release. Works fine!
    I have only one wish: next exit or road number on the screen. It is spoken, but not visible.
  • DushaDusha Posts: 42 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    edited May 19
    Dear Team,
    I have tried out latest TomTom GO Navigation with Android Auto support (3.1.0) and have noticed an issue with 'My Places' incomplete sync while using in AA mode.

While using in AA mode, only part of 'my places' is shown.
    When running in native Android mode the list is complete.
    Please kindly advise.

And yes, side-bar will be much appreciated (even though I doubt this would be possible, Google has introduced very strict limitations for developers in AA, and all 3rd party navi apps available in AA are looking almost identical in regards with general functionality and look&feel, i.e. no map drag'n'drop, etc.).

TBH, Amigo app looks more advanced at the moment (in regards with AA mode). Amigo is showing traffic jam delays on the map, distance, when planning a route it shows a traffic delay and arrival time for each of the options, etc. All this is missing in Go App at the moment.
    I'm only missing Mydrive sync of My Places in Amigo, but it's broken in GO app in Android Auto mode anyway....
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 338
    Staff
    Dusha wrote: »
    Dear Team,
    I have tried out latest TomTom GO Navigation with Android Auto support (3.1.0) and have noticed an issue with 'My Places' incomplete sync while using in AA mode.

While using in AA mode, only part of 'my places' is shown.
    When running in native Android mode the list is complete.
    Please kindly advise.

This is known limitation of Android Auto library that we use to implement Android Auto support in our app. We have reported it to google here: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/179648622
    And yes, side-bar will be much appreciated (even though I doubt this would be possible, Google has introduced very strict limitations for developers in AA, and all 3rd party navi apps available in AA are looking almost identical in regards with general functionality and look&feel, i.e. no map drag'n'drop, etc.).

Exactly, thanks for this comment. We have in plans to investigate this topic, since it isn't as easy as it looks to add the route bar if we are limited by the AA library.
    TBH, Amigo app looks more advanced at the moment (in regards with AA mode). Amigo is showing traffic jam delays on the map, distance, when planning a route it shows a traffic delay and arrival time for each of the options, etc. All this is missing in Go App at the moment.
    I'm only missing Mydrive sync of My Places in Amigo, but it's broken in GO app in Android Auto mode anyway....

Yes, we are aware about those issues, and we have them reported in our backlog. We collect all the feedback that we get from the users.
  • MUPMUP Posts: 255 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited May 20
    Thanks @BigWolf ...
    As I understood Google's AA library is currently not able to support TT's sidebar.
    So we have to wait and see.

One more thing for the dealbreaker listing to avoid the sidebar problem:
    - Search and present at least two alternative routes while driving, initiated manually by touching the car's display or throug speech instruction.
  • BrainsieBrainsie Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Do you get suggestions on your AA Auto screen for a faster route when there are new traffic delays on the way? If not, is it better for me to set the route recalculation in the app to Automatically instead of Manual?
  • EldewyEldewy Posts: 30 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Brainsie wrote: »
    Do you get suggestions on your AA Auto screen for a faster route when there are new traffic delays on the way? If not, is it better for me to set the route recalculation in the app to Automatically instead of Manual?

You do get the suggestions.
  • Cor43Cor43 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hello, I am using tomtom go nav app ver 3.1 and it works well with android auto. One thing I am missing is the My Routes option on android auto screen. Option is available in the app itself.
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,558 [Revered Pioneer]
    Hello
    After having planned a route on the Go navigation 3.1.0 application, how do I add a stage to the route from the application as with the old 2.3.7 application?
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,483
    Superusers
    edited May 22
    @Willy875
    I think you man this. (Sorry for the german screenshots. But they show what i mean)
    igy73r01gvoi.jpg
    2okrcm8bcirb.jpg
    uxqm33a5i7hr.jpg
    r45btwi7dbtk.jpg

• Josemaria_4250Josemaria_4250 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Lo he probado esta mañana, para mi opinión funciona muy bien, también hecho en falta la barra lateral.
    Por lo demás perfecto.
  • Andy_BushmanAndy_Bushman Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    I've been waiting for Android Auto and TomTom support for years. Soo pleased to find it is here. What really pleased me is I can use my voice to navigate to a destination now. The future is hear...onwards and upwards TomTom team. Well worth the wait.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0