Renewing Subscription — TomTom Community

Renewing Subscription

SpringsSprings Posts: 40 [Renowned Wayfarer]
I have received a notification from the GoMobile app on my phone that my subscription ends in 7 days. When I follow the link to the Google Play Store and select a plan it tells me that my new subscription will start immediately.

How do I get my new subscription added to the remaining 7 days on my existing subscripton? Is it recommended that everyone waits until the final day before renewing if they don't want to lose a week, or do we renew now and then follow a convoluted procedure with your accounts team to get the subscription amended?

The ideal solution would be for the new subscription to be added to any remaining time left on the old subscription - or is there some strange Google Play requirement which prevents this from happening?

Thanks

Best Answers

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Springs , I have just checked with the team, and this is response that I got:
    It is not possible to add a Google Play subscription to the Unlimited Navigation subscription. It is a known limitation. That’s why user can continue using the app after seeing that dialog
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,510 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    If you bought the subscription with the old Go mobile application you have 7 days after the end of your subscription to renew -
    with the new Go navigation application the subscription renews automatically unless you cancel the 24-hour subscription at the end of the subscription. 'advanced.
  • SpringsSprings Posts: 40 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Accepted Answer
    My original subscription expired today and when I started GoMobile the only option was to choose a new subscription or to close the app - there's no option to continue using the app for 7 days after expiry.

For anyone else who bought their subscription with the old version of the GoMobile application they'll need to consider whether they can let it expire before renewing (and potentially be unable to use it) or renew before it expires and lose a day or two.

I renewed today, but going forward, at least this problem shouldn't recur as the new subscriptions auto-renew by default.

Answers

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 320
    Staff
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Springs , I have just checked with the team, and this is response that I got:
    It is not possible to add a Google Play subscription to the Unlimited Navigation subscription. It is a known limitation. That’s why user can continue using the app after seeing that dialog
  • Willy875Willy875 Posts: 1,510 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    If you bought the subscription with the old Go mobile application you have 7 days after the end of your subscription to renew -
    with the new Go navigation application the subscription renews automatically unless you cancel the 24-hour subscription at the end of the subscription. 'advanced.
    Thanks for both of these replies. I'll wait until my subscription expires before I try to renw it.
    Accepted Answer
    My original subscription expired today and when I started GoMobile the only option was to choose a new subscription or to close the app - there's no option to continue using the app for 7 days after expiry.

For anyone else who bought their subscription with the old version of the GoMobile application they'll need to consider whether they can let it expire before renewing (and potentially be unable to use it) or renew before it expires and lose a day or two.

I renewed today, but going forward, at least this problem shouldn't recur as the new subscriptions auto-renew by default.