iOS app freezing — TomTom Community

iOS app freezing

Recently, my TomTom Go app has been freezing. When this happens, I need to close the app and restart. I am on 2.6, but am pretty sure that this happened before upgrading too. It is getting a little annoying (as you don’t notice it locking up until you get to a junction and then have to restart - while driving)

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,312 Moderator
    Hi @LCYCowboy

Welcome to the Community! Do you use the Apple Carplay or is it just an App screen for navigation? There's a known issue with the App freezing on the CarPlay screen. As a last resort, please try re-installing the app and see if it changes this behavior. Otherwise, we'll need the Phone Model and iOS version installed on it.

Please note: you will need to log in again to your TomTom account after reinstalling.

Regards, lampard
  • LCYCowboyLCYCowboy Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for the quick response. I don’t use car play, just the go app. My phone is an iPhone 11 and I am running 14.5.1.

The lock up seems to happen every trip (normally in the first 5 minutes). After closing and restarting the app it then seems to work (although I haven’t been on a trip longer than 30 minutes recently to see if the lockups occur again).

I have been using your apps on my iPhone for a very long time (including cross Europe marathons) and have never encountered this before.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,312 Moderator
    edited May 18
    Hi there @LCYCowboy

Thanks for the details! Before the next trip, I would advise you to uninstall the app and make a reset on your iPhone. (Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button while pressing and holding the Home button on the front. When you see the Apple logo, release both buttons) Install the app again and let us know if the freezing occurs again. I'll check with the team in the meanwhile.

Best, lampard
  • QeteshQetesh Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited June 3
    Hi @lampard, I am not OP but I seem to have the exact same problem and I tried reinstalling the app before even reading about it here. It is a fairly annoying problem which makes the app basically useless for me. This is clearly a bug in the app which can get people into quite dangerous situations when the navigation suddenly stops working in a busy place.

What I can add is that it seems as if just the location update stops. You can still move the map around on the screen so it's not the whole app that crashes - but only restarting the app makes it update the position and give directions again.

I am on an iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 14.5.1, no CarPlay