When does Mapshare Reporter update the MyDrive route planner — TomTom Community

When does Mapshare Reporter update the MyDrive route planner

tonygrtonygr Posts: 58 [Renowned Trailblazer]
I know that it can take 6-9 months for reported errors in a map to be applied to the map updates on the TomTom device but is the online route planner updated sooner?

I reported that a link road from a newly built motorway junction has not yet been built and the report is now indicating "Fixed". However if I plan a route from my home (which is near the non-existent link road) the route planner still uses it. This surely means the mapping, and hence the report, has NOT been fixed.

Best Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 761 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    every week
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,052
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    The geometry of the MSR map or MyDrive map is updated quite quickly (few weeks). But the routing layer is updated much later. This can be easily more than a month. In my experience it's about 1-2 months.

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 761 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    every week
  • tonygrtonygr Posts: 58 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Reported on the 6th May. Not sure when it was tagged as fixed but perhaps check in a weeks time
  • tonygrtonygr Posts: 58 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    So checked again today, 3rd June, and the online route planner is still using these non existent roads. Have submitted a new mapshare report.
    Surely 4 weeks is long enough to flag a road as not accessible.
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,052
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    The geometry of the MSR map or MyDrive map is updated quite quickly (few weeks). But the routing layer is updated much later. This can be easily more than a month. In my experience it's about 1-2 months.