POIs not functioning since update — TomTom Community

POIs not functioning since update

Hi
I updated my TT6200 pro with Europe Truck v1065.10714
Since then NEW POIs only show if I search for them in MyPlaces and "drive" to them.
Previous POIs are still shown in totality, allowing me to peruse the map whilst planning and to identify them as I drive past them even if they are not targeted.
HOW do I get this functionality restored please?

[Obviously I have enabled them, allocated a symbol, restarted etc.]

Best Answer

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 761 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    factory reset
  • norfolknewboynorfolknewboy Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    THANKS: That seems to have worked although a pia to re-enter all of my details!
    Now to settle down and update ALL of my POIs
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,433
    Superusers
    edited May 19
    Hi
    @norfolknewboy
    Have you ever used the MyDrive Web Route planner/Tomtom Cloud
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    If 'Yes'... And you are logged into MyDrive on the TT6200 pro....
    Here... Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Login with your Email & Password....

The data stored on the Tomtom Cloud (POI's MyRoutes MyPlaces etc...) should Auto Sync with your device...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • norfolknewboynorfolknewboy Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    THANKS
    I was logged in when I did the reset (hoping that things might work better) AND I have now entered manually most of the info (vehicle dimensions, phone, wifi etc) so I'm hoping that all will progress smoothly from here.
    I will, however, look at your suggestion when I next get time (must go in the garden while it's dry and sunny).

UNFORTUNATELY, I did my usual little check on local roads to see if TomTom gets the routing correct and, surprise, surprise, it has undone a width restriction which took me 2y to get corrected. Something else to look into this evening.

THANKFULLY it does get my post code almost correct, instead of sending folk half-mile away. They only sorted that out (after years of sending them screen shots from Google Maps and Garmin) when I complained that food deliveries weren't reaching us a couple of weeks after Lockdown started and a warning that an inability to get supermarket shopping might have resulted in us starving to death! ;)

Thanks again