Where's 'Current Route' option gone? — TomTom Community

Where's 'Current Route' option gone?

Crusader3020Crusader3020 Posts: 30 [Renowned Wayfarer]
Am I missing something here?
The usual home screen is, well, usual.
BUT when I load a route from the normal My Routes, or plan a new route in the usual way it turns into a totally new and useless programme.
With a route loaded or in creation/edit I'd usually tap the 3 lines to access the menus, but in this new version there are 3 dots which takes me to a black dialogue 'Options' page displaying a number of the normal options but which can't be re-ordered as once could be done.
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY there is no 'Current Route' well not on mine anyway.
So how do I 'Save the current route', or save changes to the current route? Without this the programme is totally useless!
How do I 'skip the next stop' while following the current route. Without this the remaining route is invalid as it'll forever be trying to reroute through the stop you've missed, thereby rendering the programme useless!
Where has 'My Places ' gone - hidden under 'favourites' in the search menu but if I'm not creating, editing or following a route, it's where and called what it was

I was expecting to see a barrage of questions but not a one. So is it just my new version 3?

Comments

• paba2paba2 Posts: 41
    Staff
    edited May 17
    Hi Crusader3020

Since 3.0 menu button when route is planned will change to 3 dots which represents options for Current route.

While "Save route" is missing (I will ask team if we can bring it back) it can be achieved by simply tapping on route (blue line) as always.

My places are visible if you tap 3 dots and tap search icon.

• Crusader3020Crusader3020 Posts: 30 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Thanks for your gif. However it is impossible to follow as it moves SO fast.
    Couple of things.
    If I create a new route, from basic to complex, there is absolutely no way that tapping on the blue route allows me to save it. Add a stop, plan, use as starting point etc. Can do those, but no manage route. I do know what should happen, but it's not.
    ALSO, how do you skip the next stop. You don't think that's important? Without it the programme is totally useless. Sorry, but that's a fact.

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 338
    Staff
    I also prepared gif for my places while having route planned:
    bdo5em31nhbe.gif
  • paba2paba2 Posts: 41
    Staff
    edited May 17
    @Crusader3020

Android recognizes fast taps and longer presses. When you press long on map it will show you add stop. For selecting route options just tap light on route blue line.

You can manage stops from there and skip next stop as well.
    I appreciate the effort of the gifs but they're so fast they can't be followed.
    From what I've been able to pick up from the gif your work around for skipping a stop is very impractical and unnecessarily complex.
    Previously, tap 3 bars, tap current route, tap skip next setup -- done - it's right there at the top because I put it at the top where my gloved finger can tap it on my motorcycle.
    Staff
    I appreciate the effort of the gifs but they're so fast they can't be followed.
    From what I've been able to pick up from the gif your work around for skipping a stop is very impractical and unnecessarily complex.
    Previously, tap 3 bars, tap current route, tap skip next setup -- done - it's right there at the top because I put it at the top where my gloved finger can tap it on my motorcycle.

Yes, sorry for the gif speed, I tailored parameters to make them slower now. It isn't easy task to record good gif on mac.

I reported GONAV-3218 to discuss and improve available options in current route options panel (panel accessed with 3 dots when there is a route).
    Thank you.
    May I suggest you also make it so that the options can be sorted as desired. Eg, for me 'Skip next stop ' is at the top, then reorder stops, change route type etc.
    Staff
    Thank you.
    May I suggest you also make it so that the options can be sorted as desired. Eg, for me 'Skip next stop ' is at the top, then reorder stops, change route type etc.

We will have to discuss this particular idea with our designers, since it may be very challenging for route options panel.
  • Matex_2021Matex_2021 Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    edited July 31
    I would prefer the last version because with this one it is very difficult tapping the blue line of current route and get the menu.
    A lot of times it appears new places to add.
    We need two menus on root display with my routes and current route, like before. And it is important also to have the capability to edit saved routes. Even Sygic do it through main menu Favorites/Routes but I prefer TomTom app.
    I hope you will work out this situation in a new update of this app version.