rider 550 wont connect to mydrive connect — TomTom Community

rider 550 wont connect to mydrive connect

chronzonchronzon Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited May 16 in RIDER
i have read through all the articles on this subject, deleted folders, reset device, changed drivers etc etc.
i cant connect it just keeps saying log into mydrive on your device to continue.. its connected, so i log out and log back in.. still wont connect. i cant add device to my account without connecting..
do i just hit it with a hammer until it cries for mercy?.. set fire to it and pray to the god of satnavs to save its soul?? or have i got a dodgy unit? i bought it a week ago and have had nothing but hassle as it got stuck trying to update as soon as i got it, so i had to reset it and start again, then there was no maps on it.. so i downloaded the one i needed and left it at that..

what can i do?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,677
    Superusers
    Hi
    @chronzon
    Welcome to the site....
    The (Wi-Fi) devices like you Rider 550 normally update using Wi-Fi....
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Then see option (2) In the link below... Connect over USB
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1743831/#Comment_1743831

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • chronzonchronzon Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited May 16
    3s3zim9er16l.png

this screen comes up, and no matter what i do, it wont add my device

Then see option (2) In the link below... Connect over USB
    Here...
    it wont connect... ive done all this.. i cant add my rider to my account because it wont connect over usb.

i can use wifi / app on my phone no problems.. just wondering why it wont connect via usb..
  • FeriskoFerisko Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have the same problem with my Rider 550. I removed it from my old account and tried to add it to a newer one (due to different country and the inability to have the country changed on an existing account !!! ...). Now the new account shows no devices in "Products" tab despite of the fact that device has the account setup on it and shows as "Logged in as" in the MyDrive setting menu. The MyDrive Connect software for PC is worthless as it just keeps telling me to go into that MyDrive setting on the device and set it up there.

I swear, in almost a year I own this device there was never a single day where everything would actually work. Not a single damn one.

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,232 Moderator
    @chronzon @Ferisko
    Could you please try the steps below-

1. Disconnect the device
    2. Perform a factory reset- Main menu > Setting > System > Reset
    3. Connect the device to the computer
    4. Open MyDrive Connect
    5. Try to link the device when prompted

Thanks, Vikram
  • chronzonchronzon Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    First line of my original post... I have reset it about 3 times to try it with the different USB device drivers. I have deleted the folders each time..
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,232 Moderator
    Thanks @Chronzon
    I wasn't sure if it was a soft or a factory reset so had to ask again.
    Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • FeriskoFerisko Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    edited May 18
    I sent you PM with my serial number. While I appreciate your efforts to help users I think more than this backdoor single user fix a proper root cause investigation and subsequent permanent fixes in the tomtom ecosystem (device FW, server backend software, PC app) would be preferable.
  • Mathew550Mathew550 Posts: 34 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Sounds like the same issue I am experiencing, looks like TomTom have a software glitch