Postcodes (Eircodes) not supported in Ireland!!! — TomTom Community

Postcodes (Eircodes) not supported in Ireland!!!

TenaciousDEKTenaciousDEK Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Can we have a definite timeframe for when Eircodes will be implemented in TomTom Go Navigation app?

I'm still evaluating this App on my free trial and shocked to discover this feature is not supported. This is a deal breaker for me, so I don't think I'll be subscribing!

I think only when it hits TomTom in their pocket will they do anything about it!

This feature doesn't even appear to be on their roadmap, presumably because the Irish market is not worth the investment. It beggars belief that this isn't supported on a navigation app. Next to GPS coordinates, postcodes are the most useful means of identifying someone's location!

This is pretty fundamental! TomTom rather than adding bells and whistles to their app should just get the basics right first! Even the maps in 2021 still don't have 100% coverage in Ireland. In the short time I've been evaluating it, I've come across several areas where the are roads and car parks missing etc.

Irish users should be aware that we're second class citizens, it seems, compared to Dutch or UK users.
Tagged:

Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,411
    Community Manager
    edited May 17
    Can you give us an example so we can have a look?
    Community Manager
    @TenaciousDEK
    P.S.: Search results differ whether I type the code with or without the space but in both cases the address is found. Again, can you give us an example so we can check if there's a missing cluster?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,230
    Superuser
    edited May 18
    Hi @Jürgen

I did not think that Eirecodes had been included on the TT units yet.

These are the addresses and Eirecodes for Fields Jewellers in Dublin

22 Grafton Street, Dublin D02 Y199

1a Jervis Street Shopping Centre, Dublin D01 H9C4

30 Henry Street, Dublin D01 W7W9

Doug
    Community Manager
    edited May 18
    @DougLap
    Our products using NDS maps should support these codes. I just tried the first of your examples:
    keoor5gr8t5m.jpg